E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Head light washer does not pop up

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks fellas. You guys saved me a trip to the dealership to complain that it's not working and I don't even have it
Old 09-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Wrong pukka, the headlight washers work once every 8 or 10 washes of the windscreen with the light switch in auto or low beam.

The flap is the same regardless of whether you have headlight washers or not, it has a spring fitted if you have them.

They were fitted if you have Xenon headlights or as an option if you have halogen headlights.
I believe this to be correct, I've never counted the times but mine will wash the headlights more than once every ignition cycle. I thought I read in my 3 series manual that it was every 6 times but I could be wrong. If I ever get my car back I plan to code the headlight washers out as all it does is cover the hood with washer fluid (even on the 11 rental I'm driving so I'm sure it's not an aiming problem).
Old 09-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by pukka
If I'm wrong, then the BMW dealership where my 5er gets serviced is wrong. I have the service document to back up what I stated and would gladly post it if anyone asks.

Furthermore, leaving the headlamp switch in Auto by itself will not activate the headlamp washers unless the low beams or HIDs are actually ON.
Pukka, theres a bit of confusion here, we didnt have the cold weather package in Europe, here you got headlight washers as i stated, either with xenon lights (mandatory requirement) or as an option with halogen lights.
It states in the manual how many times the headlight washers work when washing the windscreen and the dealerships have been known to be wrong on many occasions.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
You dont have them then. You need to have the heated steering wheel and when you open the cover easily you will see the nozzle right away.
Interesting statement...I dont have heated steering but have washers for the head lamps....hmmmm
Old 09-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by syrousd
Interesting statement...I dont have heated steering but have washers for the head lamps....hmmmm

For every "rule" there always seems to be an exception! I wonder if you have another feature that wasn't available with the heated steering wheel. Maybe something like lane departure?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

No... I have heated seats, heated windshield nozzles,heated mirrors,hud,aux. Now I am curious to know what the hell kind of package constitutes having headlight washers... I need to do some research.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by syrousd
According to my sales brochure, heated seats were a stand alone option, but were included in the Cold Weather package. The heated steering and headlamp washers were NOT stand alone options

You have an M - which has its own special sales brochure. The rules for us normal 5er owners don't apply to you.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Senior Members

I guess I have too many cars,lol. All this mentioned are on my 2008 550I with M sport package.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Senior Members

Old 09-14-2011, 04:55 AM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

Originally Posted by pukka
According to my sales brochure, heated seats were a stand alone option, but were included in the Cold Weather package. The heated steering and headlamp washers were NOT stand alone options

You have an M - which has its own special sales brochure. The rules for us normal 5er owners don't apply to you.
In the EU you can nearly choose every option as stand-alone, thats why all cars are more expensive in EU than in the US. And that sucks! :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: Head light washer does not pop up