E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530i. Silver Grey/Black/Poplar- Cold Weather - Sport - Premium - HUD - Comfort Access - Comfort Seats - PDC - Automatic - Nav

I was going through my manual for an 06 530i and it mentioned HD radio. I don't see any options under idrive but I do know of at least one station that runs in HD. Is that a logic7 feature? Something a software upgrade does ..etc?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

New option coming. Around $500 on 6 and 7 series. NOt seen any info on when available for 5 series. When it does become available for 5 series you will have to select it as an option at time of order. AS far as retro fitting I have no info on that.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by dfunk' post='210986' date='Dec 14 2005, 01:28 AM
I was going through my manual for an 06 530i and it mentioned HD radio. I don't see any options under idrive but I do know of at least one station that runs in HD. Is that a logic7 feature? Something a software upgrade does ..etc?
cd knows his stuff; believe him. But, note that L7 apparently will play multichannel music when broadcast. And, welcome.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530i. Silver Grey/Black/Poplar- Cold Weather - Sport - Premium - HUD - Comfort Access - Comfort Seats - PDC - Automatic - Nav

Originally Posted by vnod' post='211094
cd knows his stuff; believe him. But, note that L7 apparently will play multichannel music when broadcast. And, welcome.
[/quote]

Strange that HD radio shows up as an option in Idrive in the 06 5series manual. Yet is not available. Does anyone elses manual show it?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by dfunk' post='210986' date='Dec 14 2005, 01:28 AM
Your location would help us help u as well & WELCOME (I was in a hurry and did not notice how NEW u were - how rude of me )

Our on line version of manual does not show HD as option, yet. I will tell you that the software will generally show you all the possible options regardless of whether your particular car has it or not. You have to pay for this option, unless it becomes part of a high end car - such as 760Li. In your manual does it have an asterick (*) indicating it is an option. Along the same lines as Weather Band* or Satellite radio*.

Recent press release:

November 07, 2005
BMW 6 Series Drivers To Be Among First To Have HD Radio in-car
According to Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, BMW extend the model lines offering HD Radio to include the 6 Series coupes. BMW announced an industry first with the application of HD Radio technology as an option in its 2006 Model Year 7 Series. This innovative technology will optionally available on 2006 6 Series vehicles as well, beginning with October 2005 production. We covered HD Radio earlier this year. Click the following link to read more about iBiquity's HD Radio technology, and go to BMW's press site to read more about the latest offerings from the German manufacturer.

BTW - the statement that BMW had a statement on their web site was true at the time of this press release. HOwever, it is now old enough that it is not there now as best I can tell. At the time I believed it spoke to HD for 7 series and would be phesed in for other series later.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Welcome to the forum!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='211210' date='Dec 14 2005, 02:54 PM
Your location would help us help u as well & WELCOME (I was in a hurry and did not notice how NEW u were - how rude of me )

Our on line version of manual does not show HD as option, yet. I will tell you that the software will generally show you all the possible options regardless of whether your particular car has it or not. You have to pay for this option, unless it becomes part of a high end car - such as 760Li. In your manual does it have an asterick (*) indicating it is an option. Along the same lines as Weather Band* or Satellite radio*.

Recent press release:

November 07, 2005
According to Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, BMW extend the model lines offering HD Radio to include the 6 Series coupes. BMW announced an industry first with the application of HD Radio technology as an option in its 2006 Model Year 7 Series. This innovative technology will optionally available on 2006 6 Series vehicles as well, beginning with October 2005 production. We covered HD Radio earlier this year. Click the following link to read more about iBiquity's HD Radio technology, and go to BMW's press site to read more about the latest offerings from the German manufacturer.

BTW - the statement that BMW had a statement on their web site was true at the time of this press release. HOwever, it is now old enough that it is not there now as best I can tell. At the time I believed it spoke to HD for 7 series and would be phesed in for other series later.
I have an October 05 production 530i. Instruction Manual is order #01 41 0 159 736 if that means anything to anyone.
And yes... Asteriks!! Bastards! How can they tease us like this I'm sure HD will be a standard option by mid year on the 5er, as the story goes. Oh well. I ordered the Sirius kit from Circle BMW so that should be enough HD for me... UPS must be using mollasis in their tanks these days...

Thanks for welcoming me to the club. I've had my 5 series for 2 weeks, been lurking these forums since day one, just didn't have anything to say.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dfunk' post='211463

Recent press release:

November 07, 2005

I have an October 05 production 530i. Instruction Manual is order #01 41 0 159 736 if that means anything to anyone.
And yes... Asteriks!! Bastards! How can they tease us like this I'm sure HD will be a standard option by mid year on the 5er, as the story goes. Oh well. I ordered the Sirius kit from Circle BMW so that should be enough HD for me... UPS must be using mollasis in their tanks these days...

Thanks for welcoming me to the club. I've had my 5 series for 2 weeks, been lurking these forums since day one, just didn't have anything to say.
[/quote]

Welcome and sure you have something to say Tell us all about your car and post some pics.