E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawk HPS vs Stoptech Street Performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06' BMW 530xi

I just ordered a set of Stoptech Cyro-SportStop Drilled Rotors for my e60xi from tirerack even though I just installed new premium Centric rotors last year lol I'm getting some custom wheels made soon so I wanted to get the drilled look .. anyway I have hawk hps brake pads on now and there good it squeaked like a mother when I first had them installed though lol but its quiet now great stopping power .. I was looking at getting new pads and came across the Stoptech Street Performance pads there about $50 cheaper than the hawk I did research and alot of people on other forums actually switched over from the hawk hps to the stoptech pads just curious if anyway on here has experience with the stoptech pads? THanks
Old 02-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Stoptech's will dust more than the Hawk HPS and I personally felt like the HPS had less brake fade.

Also, I make more profit off Stoptech than Hawk HPS so I'd actually rather everyone buy Stoptech, but I want to sell what I feel like is the best solution not what will make me the most money.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Members

I just installed these rotors on my car with Akebono euros and I am very please with stopping power and zero brake dust.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I have Hawk HPS and they don't grab nearly as hard as stock. Once they start grabbing, the stopping power is there, but I suspect that it takes higher pressure to achieve it. There is almost NO dust though - I've long forgotten what it's like to wipe the rims between car washes. Next set I'll prolly go with something grippier though.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Stoptech's will dust more than the Hawk HPS and I personally felt like the HPS had less brake fade.

Also, I make more profit off Stoptech than Hawk HPS so I'd actually rather everyone buy Stoptech, but I want to sell what I feel like is the best solution not what will make me the most money.
I did read that the stoptech will dust more .. I know your a good seller I actually got the hawk pads from you

Originally Posted by mfrasca
I just installed these rotors on my car with Akebono euros and I am very please with stopping power and zero brake dust.
I actually researched the Akebono Euro pads and bought them for $140 from amazon lol .. oem stopping power and the thing that sold me was the LACK of brake dust = Clean wheels

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I have Hawk HPS and they don't grab nearly as hard as stock. Once they start grabbing, the stopping power is there, but I suspect that it takes higher pressure to achieve it. There is almost NO dust though - I've long forgotten what it's like to wipe the rims between car washes. Next set I'll prolly go with something grippier though.
I actually have to clean my wheels every a week because of the dust from the hps maybe because I had glossy black wheels? my next set of wheels are also going to be black .. I read that the stoptech does have a greater bite than the hps but create alittle more dust

I'm also getting the stoptech steel brake lines (ebay) installed should improve the brake response you should consider getting a set
Old 02-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Former Vendor

If you got stuff from me in the past why buy from eBay? I carry the Stoptech SS lines and everything else you've been buying.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
If you got stuff from me in the past why buy from eBay? I carry the Stoptech SS lines and everything else you've been buying.
I got my Miro m6 reps from you too .. but yeah? I honestly didn't know you sell the other products lol atleast now other members who read this will know
Old 02-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Former Vendor

I carry everything!

Originally Posted by itz CracK
I got my Miro m6 reps from you too .. but yeah? I honestly didn't know you sell the other products lol atleast now other members who read this will know
Old 02-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Dude, there are no steel lines for Xi's front - only rears. Are you sure you didn't get duped? Check before installing to make sure they fit! I've gone through this myself when I was getting my drilled/slotted for the first time.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Dude, there are no steel lines for Xi's front - only rears. Are you sure you didn't get duped? Check before installing to make sure they fit! I've gone through this myself when I was getting my drilled/slotted for the first time.
I'm getting the stoptech ss lines from r1concepts.com on ebay I hope I don't run into trouble :/

Quick Reply: Hawk HPS vs Stoptech Street Performance