E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Has Anyone Purchased These Replica OEM 550 Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Picked These Rims Up Today - Will Be Installed Tomorrow - Hopefully I Wont Need to Lower the car
Old 02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

be sure to follow-up with some high quality pics...172s are my favorite style of wheel. i like the color combo of these with the silver matched with a polished face. my E60 545i is graphite gray and i think i might order a set of these as well...id love to see how they turn out...
Old 02-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Members

I was thinking about getting the M6 replica wheels so let us know about the quality.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M5

They definitely look good... and the price looks even better, IMO!

Would love to hear more about your experiences with these wheels/vendor, as I want to get (same as 'soulcontroller') the M6 Reps for my E60... and I want them really bad!!

My two cents abouts Replicas:
From what I've read/heard so far, it seems to be pretty much a hit or miss thing... You can easily find lots of posts on this forum that complain about -what seems to be- major quality issues with BMW OEM wheels lately. I myself have been driving OEMs on both my Beamers (E46... RIP... and now E60) for more than 5 years, and I had one bent rim only. Guess I got lucky, especially considering the lousy, pot-hole infested roads in Chicagoland.

I have recently purchased a set of Elbrus I04 (a real steal!) for my winter tires, and they are doing just fine thus far - even though they cost just a fraction of the OEMs. They may not be Replicas, but they sure are not "high quality" rims either. They just "work", and really look awesome on top of it.

I will definitely try the M6 Reps next, for my summer setup, but I don't know (yet) if I should buy the Miro's, or the "no-name" brand instead. Kinda looks all the same to me, and I bet they manufacture/source their stuff from China, too... even though Miro - or so I hope - would stand for better quality (?) Who really knows....

Please keep us posted, SoCAL545!!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 bmw 530xi

i think they look good.i would go for it.be sure to give us some pics and how they ride.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

I'm mucho afraid of reps, plain and simple.. never, ever again.. I hope they are a-okay.. Finish, quality, strength are all factors in purchasing wheels. Maybe he lucked out? lol.. Time will tell.. Good luck though, as for cleaning them get a sponge and use it sideways, cut off the scrubby part cause its a stiffer sponge.. (im a 172 expert, lol) I charge for any more info too..
Old 02-23-2011, 05:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525xi

Originally Posted by ZGERMAN
They definitely look good... and the price looks even better, IMO!

Would love to hear more about your experiences with these wheels/vendor, as I want to get (same as 'soulcontroller') the M6 Reps for my E60... and I want them really bad!!

My two cents abouts Replicas:
From what I've read/heard so far, it seems to be pretty much a hit or miss thing... You can easily find lots of posts on this forum that complain about -what seems to be- major quality issues with BMW OEM wheels lately. I myself have been driving OEMs on both my Beamers (E46... RIP... and now E60) for more than 5 years, and I had one bent rim only. Guess I got lucky, especially considering the lousy, pot-hole infested roads in Chicagoland.

I have recently purchased a set of Elbrus I04 (a real steal!) for my winter tires, and they are doing just fine thus far - even though they cost just a fraction of the OEMs. They may not be Replicas, but they sure are not "high quality" rims either. They just "work", and really look awesome on top of it.

I will definitely try the M6 Reps next, for my summer setup, but I don't know (yet) if I should buy the Miro's, or the "no-name" brand instead. Kinda looks all the same to me, and I bet they manufacture/source their stuff from China, too... even though Miro - or so I hope - would stand for better quality (?) Who really knows....

Please keep us posted, SoCAL545!!
I bought my M6reps off an ebay vendor last summer and i have loved it ever since i havent had any issued with it and prob never will. I'm actually thinking about selling it to go with the 20" from the same vender http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-BM...Q5fAccessories
Old 02-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Members

anybody with experience with mod bargain's OEM Replicas?
Old 02-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 535xi Sport
Model Year: 2009

Originally Posted by SoCAL545
I ordered These Wheels and Ordered the Tires - Will be Here Next Tuesday - How Does the tpms Work? Do they Have Sensors in my wheels now that I have to transfer Over
Yeah, you're gonna wish you had new TPMS sensors installed right away.....
Old 02-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

Originally Posted by PlanB
Reps not always true...fitment might be off...durability might be suspect. Money saved is money spent IMO.
BTW...I've got a PHD from School of Hard Knox in these sorts of things
Me too. Beware of strange little vibrations that no amount of balancing will fix...

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Purchased These Replica OEM 550 Wheels