E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Pull to the Right

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY06 Silver-Grey 530i, Grey Leather, Sports Package, Steptronic, Premium Package, Satellite Radio, Bluetooth (Motorola V551), Llumar Platinum Tint.

After researching replacement tires for a couple of months I finally decided to buy a set of Potenza RE960s for my car. A month later I noticed a definite pull to the right side of the road. The pull is so drastic that if you are traveling in the left lane on I-95 it takes about 4.5 seconds for the car to start entering the right lane. About a week later the service notice popped up on iDrive alerting me to have the brake system flushed.

I scheduled a service appointment at the dealership and asked that they give the car an alignment. Afterward I spoke to my SA who said they could not totally eliminate the right pull and blamed the the tires. The SA claimed that since I did not put OEM tires on my vehicle there's nothing they could really do to correct the problem. I know about radial pull but that has nothing to do with whether or not the tires are OEM. Nevertheless I went back to the tire dealer who gave me two new tires without question.

Over the weekend it occurred to me that the right pull probably had nothing to do with the alignment. In fact I suspect that the right side pull, which still exists, is likely due to a caliper sticking. I have 34K miles on my car and under normal circumstances should not have needed to have my brake system flushed. However if a caliper is sticking because its faulty or sticky valve in the brake system this could allow the brake fluid to get overheated. I have an appointment this week at the dealership to get to the bottom of it. Does my theory seem plausible?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may have a lower control arm bushing going bad. I had the same issue and that was the cause.