E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hard to make a decision....anybody HELP...=(

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well......I am trying to find a pre-owned 06' 530I at this moment~
The most significant different in my point of view is whether this car comes with a sport package or not...
After 3 months research, I found that, under reasonable price, most of the 530I comes with a sport package are not the color I prefered......
Today I start to feel extremely confused....
Which one is more important, Right Color(Black or White) or Sport Package(Usually comes with Silver or Blue...etc)?
As far as I know, The differences I found between sport packaged 530I and regular 530I is the 18 inch rim, power seats with 2 more adjuestable directs and the window rim without chrome....just bcoz of these 3 reasons, makes me feel sport package are really cool~~~
Can anybody tell me, does sport package option worth me to give up my color favor?
Or this package is insignificant?~
BTW, is there any more differences inside the 530I sportpackage~?
THX to everyone!~
Old 07-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

right color for me is more important than the sports pkg.
that's just me and that's what i did when i had to find my car.

make sure to test out the logic 7 & comfort seat option before u buy.
:-)
Old 07-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RJH&CO' post='618362' date='Jul 7 2008, 08:17 PM

I heard about logic 7 a long time ago...but I don't know how to distinguish it.....
and ....BTW....what is comfort seat option?~~it that the one with neck support~~? I just saw maybe 5% of the used 530I have this option........
Bcoz I plan to get the car from manheim auction, therefore there won't be enough time for me to check all the details, which makes me worried about~~
Anyway, Thank you very much for your suggestion!
Old 07-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RJH&CO' post='618362' date='Jul 7 2008, 08:17 PM

I heard about logic 7 a long time ago...but I don't know how to distinguish it.....
and ....BTW....what is comfort sear option?~~it that the one with neck support~~? I just saw maybe 5% of the used 530I have this option........
Bcoz I plan to get the car from manheim auction, therefore there won't be enough time for me to check all the details, which makes me worried about it~~
Anyway, Thank you very much for your suggestion!
Old 07-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Members

My Ride: Present: 2008 528i; Premium Sound Pkg; Navigation, Satellite Radio; Cold Weather Pkg; Premium Pkg; Automatic; Comfort Seats; Xenon Headlights; Platnium Bronze Metallic; Cream Beige Dakota Leather Past: 2005 530i Sport; Premium Sound Pkg; Navigation, Satellite Radio; Cold Weather Pkg; Premium Pkg; Automatic; Comfort Seats; Xenon Headlights; Titanium Silver Metallic

Originally Posted by ncraig' post='618356' date='Jul 7 2008, 08:09 PM

Well......I am trying to find a pre-owned 06' 530I at this moment~
The most significant different in my point of view is whether this car comes with a sport package or not...
After 3 months research, I found that, under reasonable price, most of the 530I comes with a sport package are not the color I prefered......
Today I start to feel extremely confused....
Which one is more important, Right Color(Black or White) or Sport Package(Usually comes with Silver or Blue...etc)?
As far as I know, The differences I found between sport packaged 530I and regular 530I is the 18 inch rim, power seats with 2 more adjuestable directs and the window rim without chrome....just bcoz of these 3 reasons, makes me feel sport package are really cool~~~
Can anybody tell me, does sport package option worth me to give up my color favor?
Or this package is insignificant?~
BTW, is there any more differences inside the 530I sportpackage~?
THX to everyone!~
Old 07-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Contributors

If I had a choice between the color I wanted or the sport package, I'd take the sport package. In the end, you'll spend more time inside driving it than outside looking at it, and it's the drive that will make you smile the most.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bdkinnh' post='618400' date='Jul 7 2008, 08:02 PM
If I had a choice between the color I wanted or the sport package, I'd take the sport package. In the end, you'll spend more time inside driving it than outside looking at it, and it's the drive that will make you smile the most.
I think u r right too......Thank u
PS: really hard to make a decision..
Old 07-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

A non-sport 530 is still a great handling car. That said, it's not hard to find the color and spec you want in an E60 530 - it's hardly a rarity. Hold out a little longer and you'll find the exact spec and color you want. Your dealer can also search other dealers' inventory and if you find a car you like have it shipped over. They'd prefer you to take a car from inventory, which may, of course, be why they may be steering you in the direction of the models they have on their own lot.

You could be happy with a non-sport 530, it's a great car, but I'd hold out for what you want if you want the sport pack in the right color. I assume you've driven both?
Old 07-07-2008, 06:04 PM
JPJ
Contributors

Originally Posted by bdkinnh' post='618400' date='Jul 7 2008, 09:02 PM
+1

My color combo would not have been at the top of my preferences, but the sport package and a manual trans were must haves.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

Keep in mind that in addition to the seats, wheels, and shadowline trim on Sport, you also get Active Roll Stabilization and sport tuned suspension which is worth a lot more than a color to me.

Quick Reply: Hard to make a decision....anybody HELP...=(