E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING NAVIGATION

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a safe and happy thanksgiving to all forum members and there families. a sincere thanks for all the informative members on this forum helping me make some painstaking decisions. i feel like all the members who helped me make my decisions are like family. it is nice to be surrounded by such great bimmer owners and all there knowledge. thanks again for all who replied on my nav questions i am going to call and try to add nav to my production request
Old 11-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by goldenwing' post='202702' date='Nov 24 2005, 03:03 AM
a safe and happy thanksgiving to all forum members and there families. a sincere thanks for all the informative members on this forum helping me make some painstaking decisions. i feel like all the members who helped me make my decisions are like family. it is nice to be surrounded by such great bimmer owners and all there knowledge. thanks again for all who replied on my nav questions i am going to call and try to add nav to my production request
Yea happy thanksgiving maybe you could take this opportunity to explain to us non Americans the history of Thanksgiving. its always intrigued me
Old 11-23-2005, 11:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

We all love this forum. It gives you a lot of good info. Happy thanksgiving mate!!
Old 11-24-2005, 06:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Originally Posted by norham' post='202742
Yea happy thanksgiving maybe you could take this opportunity to explain to us non Americans the history of Thanksgiving. its always intrigued me
[/quote]

Norham,
Thanksgiving is truly a traditional Amercian Holiday Here's one of the many links that explain it better than I can: http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h522.html

Note original Thanksgiving was 1621, and is explained in the 6th paragraph. Basically, the early English settlers celebrated their survival in their new land with the local native Indians who hosted them.

cheers,
Ray Hull
Old 11-24-2005, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

[/quote]

Thanks for asking. It's a holiday that we celebrate as a tribute and testimony to the blessings that we have received as a nation----as Ray noted, it started from the first Pilgrims who were devastated in their first year in the new land but survived and prospered.

It's a great time for us to connect with our families, faith, freedom...and football!

We're thankful for our religious and other freedoms and the first Thanksgiving proclamation, by our first President George Washington, was actually the first ever presidential proclamation issued in the United States. It was written as a public declaration to thank God for his favor and protection:
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me "to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enable to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted' for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us. And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have show kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best. Given under my hand, at the city of New York, the 3d dy of October, A.D. 1789."
(signed) G. Washington
-----------------------------

It was later changed from Nov 26th to the third Thursday in November.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by goldenwing' post='202702' date='Nov 23 2005, 10:03 PM
You are very welcome. Happy TGiving.