E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hamann or OEM MTech Quad Diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by E60I
The Rieger appears to look cleaner than the Hamann's. Please post more pics at different angles and distances if it's not too much trouble.
Here's the only one I could dig up. I'll have to try and take a trip to the body shop.

Hamann or OEM MTech Quad Diffuser-casa.jpg

Last edited by advancedlogic; 03-12-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i

Originally Posted by advancedlogic
Here's the only one I could dig up. I'll have to try and take a trip to the body shop.

Attachment 140418
Thanks, I love your signature pictures! Your car looks great.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Members
Senior Members

For anyone who are also curious, here are a few pics of the Rieger diffuser.
Attached Thumbnails Hamann or OEM MTech Quad Diffuser-rieger-rear.jpg   Hamann or OEM MTech Quad Diffuser-riegerrear.jpg   Hamann or OEM MTech Quad Diffuser-rieger4.jpg  
Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by KyleB
Honest opinion: the one in the first picture looks much better than the others.

Brutally honest opinion: you don't have an M5. reconcile with that fact. keep the setup that you have.
By that logic why modify the car at all if you don't have an M5? An exhaust doesn't have to be for straight performance. Some people prefer aesthetics over speed... not me but I know they're out there.

I went with this:

BMW Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser E60 M Sport Tech Quad | eBay

...and it came out looking like this...

So I say option 1 or the eBay diffuser which is actually really nicely put together.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Mike_K
By that logic why modify the car at all if you don't have an M5? An exhaust doesn't have to be for straight performance. Some people prefer aesthetics over speed... not me but I know they're out there.

I went with this:

BMW Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser E60 M Sport Tech Quad | eBay

...and it came out looking like this...

So I say option 1 or the eBay diffuser which is actually really nicely put together.
I'm debating between the Option 1 or this one. This one looks like a quad version of the ACS diffuser.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by balbs
I'm debating between the Option 1 or this one. This one looks like a quad version of the ACS diffuser.
Balbs,

I wonder if it would be possible to take our OEM diffusers to a professional body shop and get them to cut another slot for us.

It might be worth their time and cost effective (with paint job and all) for us if two or more members do a group thingy.

Anyone interested in the idea? We can either find a shop in LA or Orange County. I am thinking of Michael's Auto Body and Paint in Fullerton.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by E60I
Balbs,

I wonder if it would be possible to take our OEM diffusers to a professional body shop and get them to cut another slot for us.

It might be worth their time and cost effective (with paint job and all) for us if two or more members do a group thingy.

Anyone interested in the idea? We can either find a shop in LA or Orange County. I am thinking of Michael's Auto Body and Paint in Fullerton.
Yes it's possible. In fact, Bekkers sell it.

BMW E60 Dual Exhaust Diffuser Cover , M Tech - Primed: Bekkers.com Driiv Autosport
Old 03-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by balbs
Wow, their price on that is ambitious. Does that include 5-Star customer service and a small tube of lube?

I think I'll follow Mike_K's lead with the "finished" product.

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

If you like the M5 look, I'd say go for the rear conversion. I had the rear conversion done on my first 5er. It looks better then the Hamann add-on.

Name:  RearPic_zps92ac4a9e.jpg
Views: 2348
Size:  23.6 KB
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AKAlius
If you like the M5 look, I'd say go for the rear conversion. I had the rear conversion done on my first 5er. It looks better then the Hamann add-on.

Wow, that's a nice rear end set up!

Is that the RD Sport trunk spoiler?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Hamann or OEM MTech Quad Diffuser