E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hail storm damage!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad deal - sorry to hear of your problems.

Hail can do an incredible amount of damage and the insurance claims will be in the thousands.

Hope it all works out for you.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Man that's just crazy... hope all goes...
Old 06-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Silver/Grey E60

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='609735' date='Jun 25 2008, 08:15 AM
Paintless dent removal will likely get all the dents out ...............good luck !!

+1,000

I Had PDR done to my car a few weeks ago. The guy who came out happened to mention hail damage . I would call around and find a paintless dent removal guy to come hook you up. Its well worth the money!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Thanks for the well words everyone. I got back from the body shop and they have the paint-less dent removal so the guy I know there said he should be able to get everything out. He noticed more little dings on the hood, trunk, and roof than I did. He is quite the perfectionist.

It looks like they will have to paint the front bumper/spoiler. My liner/shield under the car was damaged so that will need to be replaced. I scraped one of my wheels when I hit the curb, and there is a small vibration that was not there before so I may have bent the wheel. I also had water in my fog lights so they might claim those as well.

Anyway, I'm bummed but the insurance should take care of everything.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='609867' date='Jun 25 2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the well words everyone. I got back from the body shop and they have the paint-less dent removal so the guy I know there said he should be able to get everything out. He noticed more little dings on the hood, trunk, and roof than I did. He is quite the perfectionist.

It looks like they will have to paint the front bumper/spoiler. My liner/shield under the car was damaged so that will need to be replaced. I scraped one of my wheels when I hit the curb, and there is a small vibration that was not there before so I may have bent the wheel. I also had water in my fog lights so they might claim those as well.

Anyway, I'm bummed but the insurance should take care of everything.
Glad that the PDR will take care of the metal parts. Bumper resprays are no big deal as the plastic painted parts very rarely exactly match the metal painted parts even directly from the factory.

Good Luck,
Mark
Old 06-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Yeah that was a crazy ass storm... I got a phone call getting the warning it was headed my way and parked my baby in the garage...

My friend who works at EB in North Kingstown had MAJOR damage to his car including a broken winshield... Some of the hail were the size of golf balls...

Overall there were 300 cars damaged in the parking lot alone...

Where is that pic taken? Looks like the McDonalds plaza off Douglas Ave?
Old 06-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='609884' date='Jun 25 2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah that was a crazy ass storm... I got a phone call getting the warning it was headed my way and parked my baby in the garage...

My friend who works at EB in North Kingstown had MAJOR damage to his car including a broken winshield... Some of the hail were the size of golf balls...

Overall there were 300 cars damaged in the parking lot alone...

Where is that pic taken? Looks like the McDonalds plaza off Douglas Ave?
McD's on Armistice Blvd off Newport Ave in Pawtucket

Yeah the body shop that I go to in NK said that they had a bunch of people call them this morning about hail dents. I'm sure all the body shops in RI will be busy for the next few weeks!

BTW...if anyone was wondering that Eclipse barely made it. I couldn't believe that she drove straight through it. She could have gone around a bit. It sounded like it was going to stall then she gunned it and it struggled through that lake
Old 06-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Oh man!!! that sucks. Do your insurance go up for claims like this? I mean I imagine there would a lot of people claiming for damages ever year
Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='609887' date='Jun 25 2008, 02:18 PM
the body shop that I go to in NK

Mac's? They do a hell of a job
Old 06-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='609928' date='Jun 25 2008, 02:51 PM
Mac's? They do a hell of a job
Advanced Auto Body

Quick Reply: Hail storm damage!