E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had it with the SIRIUS/NAV conflict

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After paying an extra $75 for Sat Prep, and waiting 9 months, my patience in wating for the Sirius/NAV conflict issue to be resolved has run out.

I emailed BMW Customer Service:

Comments: I purchased my 545i 9 months ago. I included satelite prep because I very much wanted satelite radio in my car. After 9 months, I am angered to find BMW incapable of integrating Sirius into my car because of a conflict with NAV.

Had I known this was impossible when I was shipping, I would have bought something else. Needless to say, I will be very reluctant to buy another BMW product in the future.

I assume BMW will be issuing refunds for satelite prep ($75 +tax). Please let me know where I apply.

Their response:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding Sirius Satellite Radio. It is a great feature and I am sorry that we will be unable to provide you with the feature. Regrettably, BMW is not offering refunds for the satellite pre-wiring option.

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Thank you for choosing BMW.

Sincerely,

Tricia Young
Customer Relations and Services
Representative

Now I don't think a prep fee refund is out of line, but BMW seems reluctant to refund a payment made for a non-existent feature. I like the car, but I am very unhappy with this attitude.

I wonder how many other E60s are similarly equiped?

Anyway, next step is small claims court.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Welcome SBBMW, wish you were posting here under better circumstances. Can't disagree with you on this one. Paying for an option they can't deliver should be grounds for a refund of the prep fee. I wouldn't stop w/ Tricia's response. Push it up the chain of command, perhaps on some attorney's letterhead.

On a more positive note, do some exploring around our little forum, you'll find it very helpful.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...4892&hl=sirius

If you read the above post it seems that some dealers know how to get sirius to work with nav in the US. Not a problem over here in Europe as we don't have sirius. We have digital radio instead but not many car manufacturers are offering digital tuners yet.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

SBBMW, I understand your frustration.

I spoke to BMW again today about the situation with Sirius and Nav and they told me that although it's not guaranteed, they're still working on a solution. From the content of the response you received, it sounds like they're not working on it. Someone is wrong here...

I'm betting that if you push the issue, you'll be refunded the $75 since it's the right thing to do but I'm betting they won't refund you anything until they've officially "given up" on making the retrofit work.

For me, I just want the Sirius, even if I have to pay more...
Old 12-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Dec 1 2004, 11:07 PM
Not a problem over here in Europe as we don't have sirius. We have digital radio instead but not many car manufacturers are offering digital tuners yet.
[snapback]63088[/snapback]
Oh man. Don't get me started...
Old 12-01-2004, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard, SBBMW !
Old 12-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

Iceman,

I take it your are as passionate on this topic as you are on foglight "abuse"

Funny how GM (Opel/Vauxhall) can fit it to an Astra but BMW don't have it in any of their cars.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Senior Members

So what is the final answer for Sirius and Bluetooth for the early production cars? For cars with Nav and w/o Nav (like mine)?
Old 12-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Dec 1 2004, 11:57 PM
Iceman,

I take it your are as passionate on this topic as you are on foglight "abuse"?

Funny how GM (Opel/Vauxhall) can fit it to an Astra but BMW don't have it in any of their cars.
[snapback]63126[/snapback]

I find it ridiculous that the car manufacturers over here are just starting to think about the implementation of digital radio (DA. Digital radio is testedd longer and allready available longer than DVB-T, the digital TV. But they start with the TV first...
I just don't understand it.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Senior Members

The car company's act like it's 1994.

Quick Reply: Had it with the SIRIUS/NAV conflict