E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gummi-Pfledge isn't working...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

I did a double application of gummi-pfledge on the door seals both on the door and on the car. I still get the creaking everytime I accelerate from a stop, turn, or stop. The creak seems to be coming from all the doors. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Try this... https://5series.net/forums/topic/581...ll-doors-seal/
Old 10-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Thanks dude! The vaseline might me a little harsh but I'll first try the 303 spray that was also suggested and which I have some laying around.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

did you treat the seal that goes only along the top of the door, that kinda looks like it has felt on it? i used static guard on that seal, and just armoral'ed the balloon seal that goes around the door.
if your squeeking goes away when you open the windows a little bit, then the top felt like seal is the culprit.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took my door sills off and found there to be a crapload of dirt/dust underneath and they were causing a crapload of creaking sounds. They also have a rubber surrounding border that needed gummi phledge. It fixed a lot of the creaking. The door sills are the silver things that say bmw on the bottom of the door frame. I did all foor. YOu just priy them up with a wedge tool and they are held in by four little plastic snap on pieces that just pop in or out-you have to pry prrtty hard but dont owrry they just pop out Then clean them and lubricate the rubber well.

Also use some wd40 on all the door hinges and the metal pieces that are near the hinges. You can use any other lubricant or lithium grease but that is too messy to me.

Last of all you can take off your door skin very easily. There is two screws. One torx under the Airbag plastic piece and one in the front of the door under the little plastic circle that is covering a screw.

Then you just take the skin and pull and its held in by 10 snap in screws. And also multiple wires plugged into the electrica stuff so hold the door as you are doing it. You can inspect to see if something is rattling or loose or add some sound resistant material into the skin.

Another place that was more "buzzing" was the tweeter cover. That piece comes off with the plastic window frame and with the door skin off. On the inside there is tiny metal pleats folded over holding that mettalic mesh in-mine were all not flat/tight against a surface and I just put some electrical tape and held them down tighter-got rid of the buzzing.