E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Groaning doors

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

This evening I got back my 530d that spent the past two weeks in the workshop to have a number of issues fixed. One long standing problem was abot groaning doors: in the past months I brought the car to the dealer's workshop four times to have this problem solved, without any success. They tried every trick that have been mentioned in this forum and a couple of new ones, also.
At last, they received a new set of doors sealing of a new production run, that have been designed to solve all similar problems, and they seem to work perfectly. Not anymore any groaning door, the car is absolutely silent even driving hard on very rough tarmac (we have a lot of this "Paris-Dakar" roads in my hometown!). Brilliant, at last.

The bright side of the matter is that the dealer, to cool me down after my several complains and letters to BMW Italia, gave to me as a loaner, just fot one week, a brand new 535d Touring very well equipped: amazing car, very fast but also very smooth, without any kicking but with very strong acceleration. Damn good!
Old 02-24-2005, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, Lucky !
Old 02-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, lucky !
Old 02-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lucky' date='Feb 23 2005, 03:45 PM
This evening I got back my 530d that spent the past two weeks in the workshop to have a number of issues fixed. One long standing problem was abot groaning doors: in the past months I brought the car to the dealer's workshop four times to have this problem solved, without any success. They tried every trick that have been mentioned in this forum and a couple of new ones, also.
At last, they received a new set of doors sealing of a new production run, that have been designed to solve all similar problems, and they seem to work perfectly. Not anymore any groaning door, the car is absolutely silent even driving hard on very rough tarmac (we have a lot of this "Paris-Dakar" roads in my hometown!). Brilliant, at last.
? ?
The bright side of the matter is that the dealer, to cool me down after my several complains and letters to BMW Italia, gave to me as a loaner, just fot one week, a brand new 535d Touring very well equipped: amazing car, very fast but also very smooth, without any kicking but with very strong acceleration. Damn good!
[snapback]93632[/snapback]
I took my car back to BMW with the groaning door issue and they told me it was down to mis-aligned doors, I thought "BullS***" and =iIn the end I decided not to bother getting anything done about it and the problem went away. I think its a summer thing - temperature related.

Changing the subject how would you compare the 530d to the 535d in terms of performance and refinement?