E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

I would really appreciate some advice regarding the following gremlins that have suddenly started to plague me!

1. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that the iDrive had lost my phone. After deselecting then reselecting the Bluetooth option, it suddenly found the phone again... Since then, this has happened again, but on most occasions there are no difficulties, with the car finding my Bluetooth phone as normal.

2. A few days after this first incident, the 6-Disk changer suddenly decided to start from Disk 1, track 1 (having previously been playing another disk), a trick it has played when starting from cold on about 1 in 3 occasions since then... Really irritating! I want to listed to the other disks too.

3. Related to 2 above, on one occasion after starting the car (having previously used the CD multichanger), the radio came on. I tried to change back to the CD, but that option was "greyed" out. After ejecting the cartridge with the 6 CDs and reinserting it, all was fine until I switched off the car for an hour or so, after which it started with CD1, track 1 (see 2 above), but at least it found the magazine...

4. A couple of days ago, I selected "Nav", only to be asked to insert the Nav DVD. Ejecting the disk and reinserting it solved the problem (for now).

My setup is as follows:
UK spec 2004 car
Software v20 (installed ages ago)
Bluetooth - same phone for 18 months - and the phone has been totally reliable!
Single dashboard slot holds the Nav DVD which always sits there - I don't use the slot for anything else
CD 6-disk changer in the glovebox
Business Nav

I took the car into the dealer today, who had no clue at all, but has booked it in for next week. Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, can single-slot systems like mine be rebooted?

Thanks in advance (hope?)!