E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from Munich

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Greeting from wet Munich! Ok, the weather is not that bad, just a bit cool and foggy so it feels wet when you're outside. Heading to Italy this weekend and then to Dingolfing Monday and Regensburg Tuesday. I've seen a few of the M5 F10's running around, very nice!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 03:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

Glad you guys made it there safe!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Holy crap! I just got flashed on the autobahn. Not sure if it was for speeding or following too close. Went to get over to change lanes for an exit and was about 13-15 k over then the big red flash in the eyes! Funny I was go along with everyone else do not out the alone speeding. Luckily it was a rental car and hopefully like in the past once before the ticket never shows up. Everytime I take a new rental here I always think they will charge me for the previous one, but no do far. Maybe my luck will still last....
Old 11-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

be careful over there! sounds like a fun trip though....i wish i could hit the autobahn!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
be careful over there! sounds like a fun trip though....i wish i could hit the autobahn!
Yes, the autobahn is lots of fun, but not so much in a Ford Diesel...! I was a bit shocked when Sixt gave me this, but I needed NAV and normally I would take a much nicer car. Only other offer was a Z4 with Nav but this was too small for my needs.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07' BMW 550i

year ago I did trip for Frankfurt - Prague- Vienna- Salzburg - Munich- Rotteburg- Frankfurt. I had Seat sport version, fastest I could go about 215 km/h, but this car felt like airplane, so normal speed was around 180-190 km/h. I didn't see red flashes but I have seen like a photo flash in Germany and Czech Rep. My advice to you don't speed in construction zones, I saw there a lot the police van with two cops, one holding a big camera and other one is looking into computer. I don't what is does but seems to me it's speeding trap.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by phlfly
year ago I did trip for Frankfurt - Prague- Vienna- Salzburg - Munich- Rotteburg- Frankfurt. I had Seat sport version, fastest I could go about 215 km/h, but this car felt like airplane, so normal speed was around 180-190 km/h. I didn't see red flashes but I have seen like a photo flash in Germany and Czech Rep. My advice to you don't speed in construction zones, I saw there a lot the police van with two cops, one holding a big camera and other one is looking into computer. I don't what is does but seems to me it's speeding trap.
Thats what I was thinking a speed camera. I just don't know if it was me that set it off as I was not out there alone, many cars around me. I think I may have gotten too close to the car in front of me when I changed lanes, just not sure. Anyway, if it was a ticket, it was not waiting on me when I turned the car in. and it always possible that it was someone else that caused it and I just saw it too... Many years ago I got a parking ticket in Munich and laughed and simply tore it up and sid like I'm gonna pay this... Bad part was, I was in a company car and when I returned to the US a week later the ticket showed up in the House Post! It seems as one might be a little safer in a rental.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07' BMW 550i

I saw flash but never got anything in mail yet.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

I just got two tickets in the mail from the Pisa area of Italy from the last time I was there earlier this year. ?190 each. I rented with Hertz that time but normally I rent with Sixt. I have been flashed countless times driving from Munich to Berlin and back - luckily I have yet to receive a ticket in a Sixt car. However, every time I go through immigration in Germany I always wonder if/when they might flag my passport and force me to pay, haha.

Oh and if by Ford diesel you're referring to the Ford Mondeo wagon, this car is great! I rented one to drive from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Amsterdam (LONG drive). It had nav, heated seats, 6 speed manual and I could cruise at an average of 225KPH. Not bad for a mid level rental.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sublime
I just got two tickets in the mail from the Pisa area of Italy from the last time I was there earlier this year. ?190 each. I rented with Hertz that time but normally I rent with Sixt. I have been flashed countless times driving from Munich to Berlin and back - luckily I have yet to receive a ticket in a Sixt car. However, every time I go through immigration in Germany I always wonder if/when they might flag my passport and force me to pay, haha.

Oh and if by Ford diesel you're referring to the Ford Mondeo wagon, this car is great! I rented one to drive from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Amsterdam (LONG drive). It had nav, heated seats, 6 speed manual and I could cruise at an average of 225KPH. Not bad for a mid level rental.
Yes, Chase that was the car. With all the stuff my wife bought wee neeed the space! I also sat in the new M5. Was trying to get a test driver out of it, but was just too short on the time. This car is so sweet inside and the lines outside area great too!