E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Great service experience!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 07:58 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

I just wanted to share...

As most of you know I recently purchased 128 style wheels from Garry at BMW of Newport. I had them mounted a few weeks ago and they haven't been right since I had that done. I was getting a shake from the back of the car when driving 60-75mph. I took it back to the tire place 3 different times and they finally determined that the wheel was defective since there were no signs of physical bends or damage. I even took my spacers off to make sure that wasn't the cause. Even without the spacers I still had the vibration.

I called BMW of Newport and explained my situation. They told me to schedule an appointment so they could look at it. I went this morning and they determined that the wheel was defective. They said it was very rare, but it happens. They had a replacement in stock to they replaced and mounted it for free of course. They also gave me a complementary bag of BMW cleaning products for my inconvenience!

Anyway, as usual Garry was awesome and so was their service department. I'm very happy to say they stood behind their product!

So if any of you are thinking from buying from Garry...do it! I'm glad I did.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 jet black 530I, M-tech body kit, ac shnitzer roof and trunk spoiler. kelleners sport exhaust and pully kit on its way from germany.

That is great. Make sure when they call to ask how your service was you tell them 5 all the way and mention his name. Those calls help the dealership to get pionts towards Center of Excellence Award. A yearly award.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Carbon Black Metallic with Black Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, NAV, Cold-Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Impact Airbags, Sirius, iPod/USB Adapter,
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='560311' date='Apr 12 2008, 11:58 AM

As most of you know I recently purchased 128 style wheels from Garry at BMW of Newport. I had them mounted a few weeks ago and they haven't been right since I had that done. I was getting a shake from the back of the car when driving 60-75mph. I took it back to the tire place 3 different times and they finally determined that the wheel was defective since there were no signs of physical bends or damage. I even took my spacers off to make sure that wasn't the cause. Even without the spacers I still had the vibration.

I called BMW of Newport and explained my situation. They told me to schedule an appointment so they could look at it. I went this morning and they determined that the wheel was defective. They said it was very rare, but it happens. They had a replacement in stock to they replaced and mounted it for free of course. They also gave me a complementary bag of BMW cleaning products for my inconvenience!

Anyway, as usual Garry was awesome and so was their service department. I'm very happy to say they stood behind their product!

Ditto I drove up there from the NYC area this past winter. Bought BMW wheels at 25% off and had tire rack ship my Dunlop M3's , in and out in less than an hour. The tires were already mounted and balance when I got there. Great place to buy as wheel as them shipping. Their shipping rates are awesome too!
Old 04-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='560311' date='Apr 12 2008, 08:58 AM

It's refreshing to hear NICE comments about service, especially in this day and age when EVERYONE seems more apt to bash and complain!!
Old 04-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Contributors

I have been dealing with Garry for a while now and i have to say he is top notch and always there to help.