E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Got rear ended...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i

too often, many get insurance based on cheap price, then find out later that their claim services are terrible.

it's unfortunate that this is happening to you. i would get an attorney. and in the future, report immediately to your insurance, especially, when you're not at fault (why did it take you a month to report this accident?), and like most post, get a better insurance company that has reputable claim service, not customer service. stay away from geico and liberty mutual - i had terrible experience with their claim services even when i'm not at fault.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I see that you are a California resident. Attached is a link to the webpage of the California Department of Insurance concerning filing complaints against insurers: http://www.insurance.ca.gov/contact-...ile-complaint/

You may have a big problem with waiting a month and getting no police report. If you get into an accident (especially if it is not your fault), call the police immediately and get them to write up a police report. And contact your insurer immediately -- do not wait.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Wow that sucks! I smell insurance fraud from the lady. She probably switch the car's name to a family member. I would get an attorney and they will be able to find out everything. Do you have her address? Drive there and see if the car's there. U remember what car it is? Search google. You probably have the VIN. Search the VIN if she really sold it, you can at least kinda know the whereabouts.

And remember, police report is a must! If the cops do not want to write a polive report, don't demand them. Tell the officer to wait a second and copy down their badge number. If they ask why, tell them that they are the witness of this accident. Then they will gladly start making a police report.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

damn Randy.. sorry to hear the news.. hope it all works out bro
Old 04-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by 08white
i guess you didnt get police report

either way, she was rear ended or what, she is responsible for your repair
get attorney, they like to handle auto accident cases
As far as I know police do not come out to write a police report unless there is injuries involved in the accident. At the time I was without my cellphone so even if I wanted to that wasn't an option..

Originally Posted by cccplus
too often, many get insurance based on cheap price, then find out later that their claim services are terrible.

it's unfortunate that this is happening to you. i would get an attorney. and in the future, report immediately to your insurance, especially, when you're not at fault (why did it take you a month to report this accident?), and like most post, get a better insurance company that has reputable claim service, not customer service. stay away from geico and liberty mutual - i had terrible experience with their claim services even when i'm not at fault.
I may have misinformed everyone in my previous post, but I had contacted my insurance party and the other insurance party 20 mins after the accident occurred. From my previous claims that I had with Geico everything went smoothly this is the only problem I had with this company.

Originally Posted by sdg1871
I see that you are a California resident. Attached is a link to the webpage of the California Department of Insurance concerning filing complaints against insurers: http://www.insurance.ca.gov/contact-...ile-complaint/

You may have a big problem with waiting a month and getting no police report. If you get into an accident (especially if it is not your fault), call the police immediately and get them to write up a police report. And contact your insurer immediately -- do not wait.
Thanks I will let my insurance adjuster know that I will take this course if they do not attempt to pursue the other party for 100% liability.

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
Wow that sucks! I smell insurance fraud from the lady. She probably switch the car's name to a family member. I would get an attorney and they will be able to find out everything. Do you have her address? Drive there and see if the car's there. U remember what car it is? Search google. You probably have the VIN. Search the VIN if she really sold it, you can at least kinda know the whereabouts.

And remember, police report is a must! If the cops do not want to write a polive report, don't demand them. Tell the officer to wait a second and copy down their badge number. If they ask why, tell them that they are the witness of this accident. Then they will gladly start making a police report.
I'm going to contact an attorney tomorrow.. Yes and no.. She gave me her drivers license and it was an Oklahoma drivers license. She didn't give me the address that she resides in San Francisco. It was a beat down ford hatchback..
Old 04-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Contact your insurance company in writing and advise them a complaint regarding the handling of this claim will be filed with your state's Department of Insurance and the Better Business Bureau.

In most states the liability in a case like yours rests squarely on the person who rear-ended you - regardless if they were first rear-ended. If that was the case, the person who hit you and his/her insurance company would be responsible for chasing any 3rd parties who may have caused the accident that caused your damage.

Geico, like most insurance companies, is most interested in mitigating THEIR losses - NOT YOURS!

Put ALL complaints in "writing" - by writing I really mean email; it is preferred and more efficient!

Geico, like most insurance companies, is most interested in mitigating THEIR losses - NOT YOURS!

So freaking true, can you believe they said that I had 2 options..

1) Use other Insurance party and pay 50% of the damages.
2) Use GEICO and pay 50% of my deductible.

And they said IF I chose to use GEICO they will send an investigation team out to seek for the lost.. Can you believe that???
Old 04-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMWRINO
damn Randy.. sorry to hear the news.. hope it all works out bro
I know.. talk about bad luck with this car. Got keyed.. and RIGHT after I got it repaired, I mean literally 1 hour right after it got repaired.. I GOT REAR ENDED! Then 2 months later someone took off my front bumper in a parking lot, thankfully the guy left a note. Then got rear ended again last November! and that was on the day before thanksgiving......

Aside from all the hassel, I got a new m5 front, new paint job, new mtech rear, and now I'm thinking of getting a m5 bumper with quads.. not so bad after all
Old 04-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 55 525D Sport Full Black Leather Visibility Pack Media Pack

so many vermin drivers out there, makes my blood boil

why cant people just accept there OWN fecking mistakes, and not screw over any one else but them self

really is a shit world some times!
Old 04-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by r9ndy

So freaking true, can you believe they said that I had 2 options..

1) Use other Insurance party and pay 50% of the damages.
2) Use GEICO and pay 50% of my deductible.

And they said IF I chose to use GEICO they will send an investigation team out to seek for the lost.. Can you believe that???
If you go with #2 tell them (Geico) to confirm in writing they will subjugate against the other party's insurance company. In that manner they will (and they will) seek to have their losses covered by the other party. All you are looking for is them covering your personal losses from the monies they recover from the responsible parties.

In each case I would also place a complaint in writing to the State Insurance Department about how this claim was handled.