E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got new 545ia last Tuesday-Great Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't say enough good things about BMW of Darien (In Darien Ct), BMWNA and the entire BMW Corp. When you combine a Dealer that really cares and stands behind their customer and the products they sell, they deserve your loyalty and business for a lifetime. My first experience with my 545ia #1 occured outside of Munich, Germany last year at this time during my European delivery. What was to be the start of a pleasant two week vacation started with a bang when an out of control motorcycle crashed into my car on a winding mountain road just three hours after I took delivery.. As the motorcycle struck my car the rider of the bike who had already fallen off came sliding across the road directly in front of my car. At that point I either drove straight ahead and over him, or took the car into the mountainside.To make a long story short for those of you that did not read my post last year, or the article about the accident in BMW magazine I totaled the car out, but somehow the bike rider, my wife and myself avoided serious injury. The bike rider came over to me after the accident and thanked me "for giving him his life" as he put it. It was tough to lose the car, but at least gratifying to know I avoided taking his life.
BMW than did all the right things. They got me a BMW wagon to continue on with our vacation and immediatly went to work to put an order in for the identical car that I had just lost. Being that the accident was not my fault, as admitted to by the motorcycle driver, did make things a bit easier. My BMW insurance covered all the cost envolved and the lawyers for BMW, and the terrific people in BMW Munich in coordination with BMWNA and my salesperson Steve Kozlowski at BMW of Darien worked hard to replace the car quickly by putting a car into production immediatly and helped to handle all the details pertaining to the accident. Things could not have been handled any better than they were. All envolved at BMW were terrific and again, my thanks. Again my luck was not the best with car #2. The car was built at the time that BMWs part supplier of the DME (computer) supplied them with about 2500 faulty DMEs. Of course my car turned out to be one of those affected. I had just taken delivery the day before it was discovered that my car had one of the faulty parts. If you recall that incident, BMW ordered that all the cars with the problem part that could cause the car to shut down after as few as 18 hours of operation be towed back to BMW to await a new DME replacement. The car, only one day old, was towed out of my lot at work in NJ and taken back to Ct, to await the parts. I was given a priority again by BMW, considering the car was just delivered, and got it back in a little over a week when the first parts arrived from Germany. Probaly unrelated, I experienced other problems with the car in a few months. For some reason , even minor faults that showed up as warnings on my I-Drive screen, caused the car to shut down as I was driving at highway speeds. This was a real safety problem, and left me and my wife feeling at risk since we had no idea of where or when this could happen again. Softwear fixes did not solve the problem. I also had a few incidents of Active Steering faults occuring at various times in addition. After complaining to my dealer and BMWNA they agreed that they did not want a loyal customer of many years (my "97 528i bought new has 296,000 miles on it) to feel as unsafe as we felt, and with no hassle at all, they did a buy back on my current June '04 build car and replaced it with a new car built to the same exact specs. I took delivery last Tuesday of car #3, and am just delighted with the car. It runs and drives perfectly. Same color, same everything as the previus two cars. and why not. I want to openly once again THANK BMWNA, my Dealer BMW of Darien, specificly my salesman Steve Kozlowski, Charles, salesmanager of BMW of Darien and Bob Battista the service director for staying by me to resolve the situation as effortlessly as they have. They have always been a terrific, attentive and caring dealership. If you are going to buy a car in the Northeast, in my opinion these are the only people to deal with. BMW has once again proven to me that they are a company that trully cares about their customers. A great company, with the best drivers cars in the world. I would not own anything else. I will go into details of my impressions of car #3 in a later post YOU GOTTA LOVE THESE BMWs!
Netjazz
Old 05-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Wow--sorry to hear about your bad luck, but glad to hear nobody got seriously injured--and that your story has a happy ending.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Nice to hear that all ended well. I already thought that will we hear about You again. Happy trails!

Skaffa
Old 05-09-2005, 03:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

I'm happy it worked out fine in the end.

Good service does make a difference.

Old 05-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue, Black Interior, Sport Package, Satellite

It's good to know that when you do the right thing, people will stand behind you!
Old 05-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Members

Hey....I did read that story in BMW Magazine! Great to hear the final outcome. Enjoy your new car and congrats on making the right split second decision!