E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got crashed into, head on...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car just came right into my lane after turning in off another road.

The impact wasnt that high speed, but enough to smash my front bumper and bust the headlight mounting switches.

Does anyone know if the bumper needs to have a shock absorber replaced? How much are the headlights?

The hood is dented too, will their insurance try to fix it? or can I demand that it get replaced with only OEM BMW parts?

If they give me trouble on the estimate, can I threaten to claim loss of use on the car? anything else for me to get leverage? its really a PIA, because it goes on my carfax now too. I only had the car for 3 weeks now
Old 10-02-2007, 03:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

happend to me too, get the quote from your dealer or get the mtech
Old 10-02-2007, 05:43 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

pleased to hear it was not a serious accident, i.e. no serious injury

I have a company car which is managed by a leasing company, however to the best of my knowledge you go to BMW to get a quote for the repairs, provide this to your insurance company, and they then organise the costs with the other persons insurance company.

I would certainly not stand for non-original parts, especially with a 3 week old 5er!! I assume this could also impact your BMW warranty if you start using other non OEM parts?

What does your insurance company say? Are they not going to back you up or why do you ask the question about non OEM parts etc.?
Old 10-02-2007, 05:50 AM
Members

I called my insruance and they said to go through the other parties company first. If they try to not pay for my repairs then my company can fight for me. I want the repair costs sent to me so I can choose what to fix and how to do it. If the headlight tabs are borken does the entire unit have to be replaced?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Sorry to hear about the crash. Hopefully you and yours are OK, and that you make positive progress with the insurance company.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Sorry to hear about the accident, as long as you are ok.

If you need, I have some headlights for sale, bi-xenon adaptive headlights.

Its from a 2004 530i. I'm not sure what type of car you have listed.

PM if interested.

MK
Old 10-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by lbmmoh' post='476800' date='Oct 2 2007, 02:54 PM
smash my front bumper and bust the headlight mounting switches.
needs to have a shock absorber replaced?
The hood is dented too,
Glad you're OK!

You must take your car to a BMW dealer.

Anything else is out of the question.

The front end of the E60 is designed to absorb crashes,
so a lot of damage have happened to your car!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by lbmmoh' post='476846' date='Oct 2 2007, 09:50 AM
I called my insruance and they said to go through the other parties company first. If they try to not pay for my repairs then my company can fight for me. I want the repair costs sent to me so I can choose what to fix and how to do it. If the headlight tabs are borken does the entire unit have to be replaced?
Sorry about your problem, it would help if you told us where you are located. I had a rearend accident in late Aug. and my car is in a certified BMW Body Shop being fixed as we speak. Just maybe I could answer some of your questions if I would know where you are from. Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 10-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Members

If even one Xenon fastening is cracked or broken it must be replaced. Also E60 has very much parts from aluminium in front, so if any these parts is pressed these also must replace (IT`S WRONG TO TRY TO REPAIR THEM)
Old 10-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Senior Members

Exclamation

Originally Posted by MacSid' post='476877' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the crash. Hopefully you and yours are OK, and that you make positive progress with the insurance company.

hope your okay..!!

Also a good chance now to get a bodykit???

Quick Reply: Got crashed into, head on...