E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

good bye guys/gals

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

This is going to be a long post and there are tears in my eyes, but
due to reasons beyond my control I have to say good bye to my 2006 530xi - 6 speed after 20k miles and 14 months

Anyway, now to my main point - This is the best car ever made - and the i-drive is the reason
All of the car magazines trash the i-drive and after a 14 month relationship with my car I can say they have no idea what they are talking about

Every car that I am looking for is an antique compared to this car. The i drive puts every thing that you need at your fingers. Once you get used to it, it is hard to believe that I used to have to push many buttons and take my eye off driving to change the radio, make a phone call, change the temp, etc.

Test driving cars without it seems the same as driving a car from the 80's.

I do understand the car magazine reviewers point - it seemed strange at first and is not something you can just get in and use, but after having it everything else is antiquated.

The drive of the car is exceptional and everyone agrees it is the drivers car, but commuting to work in traffic you can not appreciate it like you can the i-drive.

Sorry for the rambling, but to all of you with the e60 you clearly have the best car on the market (granted I never had a seven series) and the rest of the car market and the drivers who have never used it have no idea.

I also appreciate all of the advice and the commentary on this site. It is a great site forum. I will miss my car.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='377470' date='Jan 12 2007, 09:35 PM
due to reasons beyond my control I have to say good bye to my 2006 530xi - 6 speed after 20k miles and 14 months

Anyway, now to my main point - This is the best car ever made - and the i-drive is the reason
All of the car magazines trash the i-drive and after a 14 month relationship with my car I can say they have no idea what they are talking about

Every car that I am looking for is an antique compared to this car. The i drive puts every thing that you need at your fingers. Once you get used to it, it is hard to believe that I used to have to push many buttons and take my eye off driving to change the radio, make a phone call, change the temp, etc.

Test driving cars without it seems the same as driving a car from the 80's.

I do understand the car magazine reviewers point - it seemed strange at first and is not something you can just get in and use, but after having it everything else is antiquated.

The drive of the car is exceptional and everyone agrees it is the drivers car, but commuting to work in traffic you can not appreciate it like you can the i-drive.

Sorry for the rambling, but to all of you with the e60 you clearly have the best car on the market (granted I never had a seven series) and the rest of the car market and the drivers who have never used it have no idea.

I also appreciate all of the advice and the commentary on this site. It is a great site forum. I will miss my car.
since you valued this car sooooo much, but what car are you getting?
Old 01-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

o well hope you have fun with your new car, what ever itis
Old 01-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

you are not going to believe this since I own my e60, but I am going to get a ford fusion or a buntiacolet (some midsize cheap GM car)
Old 01-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='377489' date='Jan 12 2007, 10:58 PM
you are not going to believe this since I own my e60, but I am going to get a ford fusion or a buntiacolet (some midsize cheap GM car)
A what? "buntiacolet
Old 01-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='377489' date='Jan 12 2007, 10:58 PM
I totally believe you, cause I sold my MB S320 and bought a Toyota Matrix on 2003. Why? maybe I was exhausting of taking care a car, instead I want a car the serve me. I had the Matrix for few years care free. But fusion or "buntiacolet" (dunno what that hack it was) might give you lots of trouble. If you wanna go american car, try dodge instead.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Contributors

it is a combination og buick/pontiac/chevrolet - after looking at them they are all the same car
Old 01-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='377470' date='Jan 13 2007, 04:35 AM
Hope to see you again dgjk, when times are better

The all new F10 will be at the market in 2010 or so.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Good luck dgjk and, if all goes well, we will see you back with another E60 or and F10.

Drop by the board from time to time.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Quick Reply: good bye guys/gals