E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Going in for an update, but..

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sanj' post='998422' date='Sep 4 2009, 05:39 PM
Jay try MStyle in Romford Essex,as I can see you're from that neck of the wood's,they may be able to help you as I got my M5 rear conversion done there and they seem to cover most thing's:-

http://www.mstyle.co.uk/

Cheers - May well give them a call as guess what! 4pm rolls round and I get a call they can confirm my car has the faults Ive reported So me thinking they have done the work asked if it had been done... to be told oh no, we just confirmed the fault and to bring it back on Monday. Not impressed

I enquired if they would sort out the mirrors folding or dipping on reverse feature to be told if it wasnt done at factory the cant do it... I think I will ask for the tech doing the programming to call me.... as the lady on the services desk really hasnt got a clue...

If not will give Mstyle a call and see what they say...
Old 09-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

never ever ask the reception lady anything they are indeed clue-less, speak to the head tech or at least an SA
Old 09-05-2009, 03:23 AM
Members

I just had my 530D on a 53 plate back from Scothalls in Leeds, now have MP3 playback on CD and DVD drives. Plus I got them to switch on the Aux input I had wired in myself. Price for coding was ?120, had to leave the car over night. This however was the third BMW dealer I tried to get to do the job. First dealers Lloyds in Colne were total rip off merchants, installed my proffesional sat nav retrofit, but then charged me extra for voice command, and Ipod interface, which both failed to work when I went to the collect the car, unless I paid them more than the agreed amount there weren't going to fix it. When I investigated why the voice command wasn't working myself I noticed they hadn't connected the microphone to the back of the head unit which had been included in the kit. Plus head unit didn't play MP3's so no chance of IPOD interface working without that coding. Asked Lister Park BMW in Bradford to code my car for MP3 playback, "no we aren't touching it, take it back to Lloyds" was the reply, "anyway its an hardware issue, headunit doesn't play MP3". So with evidence I have got on this forum I went to Scothalls finally a garage that would program the car, although he did mention he couldn't guarantee it would work, said he had never seen the service bulletin or been asked by anyone to code there car for MP3 playback. Seems all the dealers are the same, unless you demand you won't get.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by flashit1' post='999207' date='Sep 5 2009, 12:23 PM
I just had my 530D on a 53 plate back from Scothalls in Leeds, now have MP3 playback on CD and DVD drives. Plus I got them to switch on the Aux input I had wired in myself. Price for coding was ?120, had to leave the car over night. This however was the third BMW dealer I tried to get to do the job. First dealers Lloyds in Colne were total rip off merchants, installed my proffesional sat nav retrofit, but then charged me extra for voice command, and Ipod interface, which both failed to work when I went to the collect the car, unless I paid them more than the agreed amount there weren't going to fix it. When I investigated why the voice command wasn't working myself I noticed they hadn't connected the microphone to the back of the head unit which had been included in the kit. Plus head unit didn't play MP3's so no chance of IPOD interface working without that coding. Asked Lister Park BMW in Bradford to code my car for MP3 playback, "no we aren't touching it, take it back to Lloyds" was the reply, "anyway its an hardware issue, headunit doesn't play MP3". So with evidence I have got on this forum I went to Scothalls finally a garage that would program the car, although he did mention he couldn't guarantee it would work, said he had never seen the service bulletin or been asked by anyone to code there car for MP3 playback. Seems all the dealers are the same, unless you demand you won't get.

Yeap, my impression of the BMW dealers so far is exactly that, unless you demand they give you the service and push for it they will just fob you off as they cant be bothered. Customer service at its best
Old 09-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Contributors

Nearly 3-4 weeks on and still not any closer to getting this resolved!!!!

just over three weeks ago The dealer has updated the software as i can see a difference in the CD layout (old used to be horizontal and new now shows track no's vertically) but wont recognise mp3 cds... back to the dealer it went this Tues...

takes them 4 days to resolve my sunroof issue and I then get told they have tested the car and it should play mp3s theres no fault. I have asked so see the measures plan but they insist it will and its my cd

spend over an hour explaining its the car and i will not leave till they show me it playing mp3s if they insist it works. Then i get them showing me printouts of my CD tracks saying the bit rates are all showing as 0. Im about to hit the roof so ask them to test the cd in an car on the lot that will play mp3s.

GUESS WHAT! The CD plays.... now sheepishly they admit it must be the car and say i will now need to rebook it in for another update! I am less then happy but they inform me they are currently recieving a software update to their systems so to bring it in on Weds to finally get their master technician to actual look at the problem and code it.. what a joke! this will now be the 3rd visit!

Not sure what else I can do apart from write to BMW HQ