E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going in for first oil change and 16.2 tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys, i've been waiting for months to do the sw upgrade and hoping for mp3 but seems like this is a no-no :'(. my car is almost a year old (june 8) and since so many members in here like the new 16.2, might as well have them change the oil and update the sw. i'm going to have them activate the bluetooth, change the cupholders (i only used them once or twice) and have them take a look at the driver's side wiper again. what else should i ask them to do? my car is dirty but i won't let them wash it . btw, i still have the old bluetooth activating instruction, at least 3-4 months old. are there any changes since then? please advise. thank you very much .
Old 05-06-2005, 02:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Looks like you have it pretty mutch covered.
Just put the issues on paper as a list, so they follow up on everything.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:18 AM
Contributors

What is the change to the cupholders?
Old 05-06-2005, 05:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by ULtraPLanet' date='May 6 2005, 04:18 AM
What is the change to the cupholders?
[snapback]124802[/snapback]

NO NO NO don't let them just change the cupholders, they will still not work.....I now firmly believe that you have to have them activate the cupholders in order for them to hold cups/cans. This activation, by the way is NOT covered by warranty. 16.2 software appears to work better with the activated revised cupholders (cupholder version 2.3). However, like the transmission, after reprogramming your car, it takes awhile for the cupholders to learn how tightly you like your cups to be held, so if for the first several months you find yourself dodging flying cups, and spilling hot coffee everywhere......DO NOT BE ALARMED, as this will improve over time (lots of time) as the cupholder "relearns" your drinking and driving patterns, and more importantly whether or not you supersize.

By the way, most service advisors are not familiar with the information contained above. I only know about it after extensive research, 4 sets of cupholders, and oh yeah......CIP 16.2 installed
Old 05-06-2005, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' date='May 6 2005, 08:49 AM
[quote name='ULtraPLanet' date='May 6 2005, 04:18 AM']What is the change to the cupholders?

NO NO NO don't let them just change the cupholders, they will still not work.....I now firmly believe that you have to have them activate the cupholders in order for them to hold cups/cans. This activation, by the way is NOT covered by warranty. 16.2 software appears to work better with the activated revised cupholders (cupholder version 2.3). However, like the transmission, after reprogramming your car, it takes awhile for the cupholders to learn how tightly you like your cups to be held, so if for the first several months you find yourself dodging flying cups, and spilling hot coffee everywhere......DO NOT BE ALARMED, as this will improve over time (lots of time) as the cupholder "relearns" your drinking and driving patterns, and more importantly whether or not you supersize.

By the way, most service advisors are not familiar with the information contained above. I only know about it after extensive research, 4 sets of cupholders, and oh yeah......CIP 16.2 installed
[snapback]124878[/snapback]
[/quote]
Is this a JOKE??????????
cheers
vern
Old 05-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' date='May 6 2005, 06:49 AM
[quote name='ULtraPLanet' date='May 6 2005, 04:18 AM']What is the change to the cupholders?

[snapback]124878[/snapback]
[/quote]

What about the new bluetooth cupholders--anybody have them yet? They allow you to drink in handsfree (strawless) mode...also need a list of compatable cups.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Contributors

You guys are killing me
Old 05-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Originally Posted by stream' date='May 6 2005, 11:24 AM
What about the new bluetooth cupholders--anybody have them yet?? They allow you to drink in handsfree (strawless) mode...also need a list of compatable cups.
[snapback]124935[/snapback]
Well, whatever you do, don't use the new Bluetooth cupholders with Burger King drinks. BK has intentionally disabled certain Bluetooth functions in its beverage cups in order to get you to buy the giant sized drinks, thereby enhancing revenues. I hear there's a class-action lawsuit in the works ...

Old 05-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by MaxBuck' date='May 6 2005, 09:09 AM
[quote name='stream' date='May 6 2005, 11:24 AM']
What about the new bluetooth cupholders--anybody have them yet?? They allow you to drink in handsfree (strawless) mode...also need a list of compatable cups.
Well, whatever you do, don't use the new Bluetooth cupholders with Burger King drinks. BK has intentionally disabled certain Bluetooth functions in its beverage cups in order to get you to buy the giant sized drinks, thereby enhancing revenues. I hear there's a class-action lawsuit in the works ...

[snapback]124960[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep--apparently they crippled certain bluetooth functionality (like Verizon did) and you can't transfer soda to another cup with BT, so you need to pay to go through their "network" to do it...bastards!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by stream' date='May 6 2005, 09:13 AM
[quote name='MaxBuck' date='May 6 2005, 09:09 AM'][quote name='stream' date='May 6 2005, 11:24 AM']

[snapback]124960[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep--apparently they crippled certain bluetooth functionality (like Verizon did) and you can't transfer soda to another cup with BT, so you need to pay to go through their "network" to do it...bastards!!!
[snapback]124962[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, I didn't get nav with my car, so the bluetooth capability for the cupholders wasn't available to me. There is, however, an upcoming retrofit that will work with CIP 17.X, as long as you are using the cupholders 3.x. The more I think about it, the more I wish I had gone with the hands-free cupholders......

Quick Reply: Going in for first oil change and 16.2 tomorrow