E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ghosts in the machine?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011 | 08:31 PM
Administrator

My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Just wondered if it's just me, or do our machines seem possessed at times.

Intermittently, my sunroof will refuse to close... it closes and then reopens. If it's on vent, it will close and immediately reopen. Try it again in a few miles, and everything works fine. I had the same issue with my E39, except that time it was the driver's window.

I also find my mirrors misaligned from time to time. Nothing major, but one time it will be the driver's mirror, and the next, it's the passenger side.

This morning, a new wrinkle appeared. The radio continued playing after I shut the car off, removed the key, and opened the door. I had the reinsert the key, start the car, and then shut it off to clear it.

I've learned to live with these idiosynchocies, but was curious how widespread this phenomenon is.
Old 10-22-2011 | 05:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver BMW 530iA, Sport & Premium Package, Active Steering, Anti-Roll-Suspension, Adaptive Headlight, Navigation, OEM M-Tech Kit, Authentic RD Trunk Spoiler, VIP Modular Wheels: 245/35/20; 275/30/20, OEM M Trunk Finisher.

Awhile back, after I turned off the car and disconnected the car key from the ignition, the radio remained on like how you described. I think it was the initial problem that lead to my broken CCC. Anyways, I think a bad battery or IBS could be the cause of your problems. Lately, did you often had to jump start the car??? If the battery checked out good, you should consider changing the IBS. I think the IBS regulate or control the flow of electric current throughout our cars. The IBS is closely connected to your car battery...

Anyways, I hope that help. And good luck!!!

OT: Some car dealers might say your car battery dies because you don't drive enough is total BS! The real problem could be your IBS or anything that could not shut down the car because of other issues. After replacing the CCC, battery and 'IBS", I have not use the battery tenders for several months (knock on wood) just to avoid an extraordinary battery drain because the dealer said I don't drive enough.

Originally Posted by jayarras
Just wondered if it's just me, or do our machines seem possessed at times.

Intermittently, my sunroof will refuse to close... it closes and then reopens. If it's on vent, it will close and immediately reopen. Try it again in a few miles, and everything works fine. I had the same issue with my E39, except that time it was the driver's window.

I also find my mirrors misaligned from time to time. Nothing major, but one time it will be the driver's mirror, and the next, it's the passenger side.

This morning, a new wrinkle appeared. The radio continued playing after I shut the car off, removed the key, and opened the door. I had the reinsert the key, start the car, and then shut it off to clear it.

I've learned to live with these idiosynchocies, but was curious how widespread this phenomenon is.
Old 10-22-2011 | 06:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver BMW 530iA, Sport & Premium Package, Active Steering, Anti-Roll-Suspension, Adaptive Headlight, Navigation, OEM M-Tech Kit, Authentic RD Trunk Spoiler, VIP Modular Wheels: 245/35/20; 275/30/20, OEM M Trunk Finisher.

I am convinced your battery or IBS could be the source of your problem. However, please understand I am not a car expert.

If what I said is wrong, please consider calling THE GHOSTBUSTER. Here you go:

Everybody, get up, pump it up and.... <<<<<<LET'S DO IT>>>>>!!!

Originally Posted by BIM530I
Awhile back, after I turned off the car and disconnected the car key from the ignition, the radio remained on like how you described. I think it was the initial problem that lead to my broken CCC. Anyways, I think a bad battery or IBS could be the cause of your problems. Lately, did you often had to jump start the car??? If the battery checked out good, you should consider changing the IBS. I think the IBS regulate or control the flow of electric current throughout our cars. The IBS is closely connected to your car battery...

Anyways, I hope that help. And good luck!!!

OT: Some car dealers might say your car battery dies because you don't drive enough is total BS! The real problem could be your IBS or anything that could not shut down the car because of other issues. After replacing the CCC, battery and 'IBS", I have not use the battery tenders for several months (knock on wood) just to avoid an extraordinary battery drain because the dealer said I don't drive enough.
Old 10-22-2011 | 05:21 PM
Administrator

My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

I have not had to jump start the car but I'm not sure how old the battery is either. I'm the third owner and have had the car for about 14 months now. Have never touched the battery.

I'm not sure what the IBS is or does. I believe the CCC is the computer control unit, correct?

Since I posted, I've also noticed that my bluetooth and voice dialing are no longer working either.
Old 10-22-2011 | 08:09 PM
Members

Here is a link to what you might want to read. Try to reset the CCC...

https://5series.net/forums/topic/882..._hl__ccc+reset