E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting rid of E60

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530xi

First let me begin by saying I absolutely love BMWs and especially the E60. In fact, I had planned on buying the car out after the 2-year lease is up. However, after 16 months with this car, I have decided I will return this car and probably leased a 3 series. Why?? Because I absolutely cannot stand the standard seats that comes with it. I have received numerous complaints from my family and friends about how uncomfortable the seats are especially the back seats. My mother, who already has lower back problems, seen to get worse every time she gets in my car. I, myself, cannot find the proper driving position. After long drives, my back becomes sore. It has come to the point that I would rather take my other car for long trips rather than my e60. IMO, there is something wrong with the design of the seats. The seat doesn't provide proper support for the lower back, even with the lumbar. My head can never touch the headrest. Coming from an e46 3-series, I never had this kind of problem. Does anyone feel the same way??
Old 08-02-2007, 06:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by RaZCaL' post='454397' date='Aug 2 2007, 02:56 PM
First let me begin by saying I absolutely love BMWs and especially the E60. In fact, I had planned on buying the car out after the 2-year lease is up. However, after 16 months with this car, I have decided I will return this car and probably leased a 3 series. Why?? Because I absolutely cannot stand the standard seats that comes with it. I have received numerous complaints from my family and friends about how uncomfortable the seats are especially the back seats. My mother, who already has lower back problems, seen to get worse every time she gets in my car. I, myself, cannot find the proper driving position. After long drives, my back becomes sore. It has come to the point that I would rather take my other car for long trips rather than my e60. IMO, there is something wrong with the design of the seats. The seat doesn't provide proper support for the lower back, even with the lumbar. My head can never touch the headrest. Coming from an e46 3-series, I never had this kind of problem. Does anyone feel the same way??
I test drove a 530d with standard leather seats and I have to say they were nothing special. When I was looking for car I was looking for Sport Seats. However I found something called "Comfort Seats". I can safely say these are the more comfortable seats I've EVER sat in. They bend everyway possible to ensure the position is as comfortable as possible. Mine are also heated for those common cold days in the UK. They are brilliant and recommend them to everyone. Of course there are better ones out there. Ones that massage and shoot air up your rear end to keep you cool. If there is one thing I'd like is the auto bolsters that hug you when going round a corner!
Old 08-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Members

My Ride: E53 E60 E92

Originally Posted by MIINTY' post='454400' date='Aug 2 2007, 09:05 AM
I test drove a 530d with standard leather seats and I have to say they were nothing special. When I was looking for car I was looking for Sport Seats. However I found something called "Comfort Seats". I can safely say these are the more comfortable seats I've EVER sat in. They bend everyway possible to ensure the position is as comfortable as possible. Mine are also heated for those common cold days in the UK. They are brilliant and recommend them to everyone. Of course there are better ones out there. Ones that massage and shoot air up your rear end to keep you cool. If there is one thing I'd like is the auto bolsters that hug you when going round a corner!
+1

If you want to lease another E60, get the comfort seats (either iwth sport package or as stand alone)
I am still playing with the settings on my comfort seats, can't imagine if you can't find a setting that would suit your driving or seating sytles.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RaZCaL' post='454397' date='Aug 2 2007, 07:56 AM
Does anyone feel the same way??
Yes, standard seats sux big time. You would think that for a car as expensive as it is, they would put some decent comfortable seats
Old 08-02-2007, 06:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Xenon, Sport, Premium, Automatic, Logic 7, Orient Blue & Auburn Dakota Leather with Dark Poplar Wood Trim

Originally Posted by RaZCaL' post='454397' date='Aug 2 2007, 07:56 AM
The neck rest is awfull for the sport seats. No wonder the made the comfort seats standar for the sport package after 2007
Old 08-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Members

Beware, I hated the seats in the e90 I test drove. Way too much side-bolster support and almost no shoulder support. I don't like being confined by my kidneys when the car is being tossed, and it was generally uncomfortable in a straight line. My previous car was an e46 and I really liked those seats.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Contributors

We've had two E60's, I thought the seats were "ok". We've just taken delivery of an E70 with comfort seats and....WOW. Everytime I get in the E60 now, I feel like I'm sitting on a cheap office chair. So, a new E60 (with comfort seats), has just been ordered !!

I do agree though - comfort seats should be standard on a car like this.... but like BMW says, why give away for free what you can charge ?1000 for...?
Old 08-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Members

Razcal, I agree with you. I have the standard seats and hate them. I must've reset my memory button a dozen times and I've only had the car since May 07. I can't get comfortable no matter what I try.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Tangled' post='454541' date='Aug 2 2007, 02:47 PM
Beware, I hated the seats in the e90 I test drove. Way too much side-bolster support and almost no shoulder support. I don't like being confined by my kidneys when the car is being tossed, and it was generally uncomfortable in a straight line. My previous car was an e46 and I really liked those seats.
+1 on that. Drove the E90 and made me want to pee a lot as the seats messages my kidneys...
Old 08-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530d M Sport

In my E60 I've got sports seats and I find them uncomfortable. I came from an E46 and those seats gave me lower back support, not perfect overall but better for me than the E60. I've resorted to a cushion at the base of the seat in the E60 and this has solved my back pain - not pretty or nice to live with but sure beats a bad back. Next time, if I go for another E60 I will try the comfort seats. Hope you solve your issues.

Cheers

Red

Quick Reply: Getting rid of E60