E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Getting ready for ED on 550i

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Hi Everyone,

At last, I'm ready be to a real E60er!!!! We leave on Wednesday night and fly to Frankfurt. Arrive via a bmw 1er rental on Thursday in Munich and pickup on Friday. I'm keeping the rpms under 4K and we'll determine top speed at 4k. Our 10-day itinerary, depending on weather given the summer tires and my mastery of NAV on the I-drive, is tentatively as follows: Might be too much Switzerland right now.

Munchen 2 days (day trips to Berchtesgaden or Inglostadt - kidding the Dingolfing factory
Reutte Austria 1 day - (only if tired and may go right to Lagano, Switz)
Lagano Switzerland day visit (might go to Marten instead)
Marten Switzerland 2 days (day trip to Lake Geneva)
Rothenburg 1 day (shopping day for my wife as I day dream about the 5er - could sleep in the car )
Koln or Border French city 2 days (tour castles on the Rhine in the Mosel Valley)
Frankfurt 2 days (drop-off and chilling out for the trip home)

We'll post pics on the trip. Be ready for a huge pictorial in the gallery.

Thanks all E60ers for all the help. Any advice is welcome

CVT Benhogan

PS Red reflectors and bumper fillers (euro plates are punch in for ED ) will be ordered when home
Old 02-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Sounds like a great trip--enjoy!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' post='239760' date='Feb 13 2006, 07:53 PM
I'm keeping the rpms under 4K
Riiiight. Good luck with that.
Have a great adventure ... fantastic schedule ... made better because of the 550i.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

WOW FINALLY!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Awesome, you will LOVE ED!

And BTW, about break-in procedure....they actually expect you to go way over 100mph on the Autobahn, so just ask Bernard (or whoever goes over the car with you at the ED Center) about it and he'll tell you the proper break-in procedure for above 100mph.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:43 PM
fq1
Members

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' post='239760' date='Feb 13 2006, 08:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

At last, I'm ready be to a real E60er!!!! We leave on Wednesday night and fly to Frankfurt. Arrive via a bmw 1er rental on Thursday in Munich and pickup on Friday. I'm keeping the rpms under 4K and we'll determine top speed at 4k. Our 10-day itinerary, depending on weather given the summer tires and my mastery of NAV on the I-drive, is tentatively as follows: Might be too much Switzerland right now.

Munchen 2 days (day trips to Berchtesgaden or Inglostadt - kidding the Dingolfing factory
Rothenburg 1 day (shopping day for my wife as I day dream about the 5er - could sleep in the car )
Koln or Border French city 2 days (tour castles on the Rhine in the Mosel Valley)

CVT Benhogan
PS Red reflectors and bumper fillers (euro plates are punch in for ED ) will be ordered when home

Congrats!! I am getting a Silver gray with Auburn. I see that you are also in Chicago. Maybe we will see each other on the road -- there aren't that many 550s that I have seen there.

How do you get the individual production steps? The website "order trackin" only states "scheduled for production".
Old 02-14-2006, 06:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by fq1' post='239847' date='Feb 14 2006, 12:43 AM
Congrats!! I am getting a Silver gray with Auburn. I see that you are also in Chicago. Maybe we will see each other on the road -- there aren't that many 550s that I have seen there.

How do you get the individual production steps? The website "order trackin" only states "scheduled for production".

Great color choice!!! Enjoy.

Yeah, not many but always a pleasant sight seeing one. I suspect the 550s sit longer on dealer lots than do the 530s. Trust me, for therapy, I visit my dealer's lot on Sundays.

The dealer via email provided detailed info on the car's production status. I'm not sure how many codes there are, but much more detailed than the owners circle info.

CVT Benhogan
Old 02-14-2006, 06:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' post='239760' date='Feb 13 2006, 09:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

CVT Benhogan
Im scheduled for ED on May 7. Punch In? You telling me they will drill holes in my front bumper????

Is there any way out of this and still do ED? Have you tried to ask plant not to do this???
Old 02-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Happy trails CVTBenhogan!!

SKaffa
Old 02-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Contributors

finally!! good luck CVTBenhogan

Quick Reply: Getting ready for ED on 550i