E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting car back today but can't trust dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey guys, been a long time since i've been on this board but it feels good to be back
I gave my car in yesterday for service and a couple of recalls. i told the dealer that i needed to get the I-drive upgraded since i haven't gotten it upgraded since last year. the dealer called me today and he said that he would have to 'order' the upgrade!! is that even true???? or can they upgrade it on the spot?
Old 03-10-2005, 07:02 AM
Contributors

There have been a few versions of the i-drive software since last year. Maybe your dealer is ordering the latest version for you. I would ask him what version you currently have on your car and take it from there. Good luck!
Old 03-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Mar 10 2005, 10:50 AM
Hey guys, been a long time since i've been on this board but it feels good to be back
I gave my car in yesterday for service and a couple of recalls.? i told the dealer that i needed to get the I-drive upgraded since i haven't gotten it upgraded since last year.? the dealer called me today and he said that he would have to 'order' the upgrade!!? is that even true????? or can they upgrade it on the spot?
[snapback]99553[/snapback]
Sounds like a crock of sh*t to me! I'm convinced my dealer, thats the sales and service people collectively, have no clue about the five series! They make it all up as they go along. You see in the UK IMHO there are 99% of BMW owners who take what the dealers say as gospel Then there's me and and a handful of others who see right through their bullsh*t

Still love the cars though!
Old 03-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Mar 10 2005, 07:50 AM
I gave my car in yesterday for service and a couple of recalls.? i told the dealer that i needed to get the I-drive upgraded since i haven't gotten it upgraded since last year.? the dealer called me today and he said that he would have to 'order' the upgrade!!? is that even true????? or can they upgrade it on the spot?
If the recalls are for emissions then they have to upgrade the software or they cannot perform the recall. Every dealer should have close to the latest version by now. Atleast V15 or V15.2.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Members

My Ride: Silver Grey Metallic 545i, Logic 7, Comfort Seats with Black Dakota Leather, Sirius Satellite Radio, Euro Reflectors, Aux Input Build Date 9/03

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Mar 10 2005, 01:16 PM
[quote name='saurabh' date='Mar 10 2005, 10:50 AM']Hey guys, been a long time since i've been on this board but it feels good to be back
Sounds like a crock of sh*t to me! I'm convinced my dealer, thats the sales and service people collectively, have no clue about the five series! They make it all up as they go along. You see in the UK IMHO there are 99% of BMW owners who take what the dealers say as gospel Then there's me and and a handful of others who see right through their bullsh*t

Still love the cars though!
[snapback]99586[/snapback]
[/quote]
I agree, my dealer definitely does not know what's going on with the 5 at any given time. Over the last 18 months I have gotten so many different stories about BT, Sirius and navigation that it became obvious they were just "making it up as they went along". I even tried my dealer's sister site across town and they seemed even more clueless. However, I got a new SA who is honest and doesn't try to BS me (I hope) so I feel alot better when i take my car in now.

DITTO, I LOVE MY CAR THOUGH!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Contributors

I agree with Hormazd, that there should be a software update with the recall. I get my car back to today, and they installed new software since if fixed the problems that I was having. Order the software, sound like BS to me.

They also told me that they were going to take the car on a "quality control" drive. My A$$, they just want to drive my car. I know the mileage that was on the car and there better not be too many miles on it.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '11 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity M Sport Carbon Black Cinnamon Brown Dark Bamboo Anthracite Headliner M Sports Pkg Convenience Pkg Active Steering Comfort Access Heated Front Seats Navigation Premium Hi-Fi

Initally, my dealer told me that you have to have a reason to upgrade the software such as, Window Anti-Trap malfunction, Recalls(mentioned above), Throttle delay, slow I-Drive boot upon start, etc.

Mention to your dealer that you've experienced one of these if you want to upgrade your software...
Old 03-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Mar 10 2005, 10:50 AM
What Dealer??
vern
Old 03-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Sport Package 6-speed, cold weather package, premium sound '07 Mercedes GL450 '07 Porsche 997 Carrera S

Which dealer in NJ are you using? Curious if it's the same one I use..Difeo BMW in Tenafly.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:52 PM

Arrow

Yeah man look out for your fellow E60 brothers,which delayer,stealer is it?

Quick Reply: Getting car back today but can't trust dealer