E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

get an alignment!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My own stupid falt esp when it is 120 bucks at the dealer for a non AS alignment-I had gone 3 years of pretty hard cornering and driving without one however my car still did not pull one way or another. My tire wear was always even.

Well had an alignment done and woa-way way off. My toe in in the rear was almost non existent-no wonder I did notice my car start being more easy to wander on the freeway at high speeds. Toeing in those rears really keep it dead straight with no effort.

Other thing is my camber was not negative enough-which after that my back wheels look like they are riding on skate blades and so toed in if you drew a laser line from the toed in tire-it would point to the front opposite side tire. not that dramatic but if I can actually see a difference visually it was off-He told me exactly but I did not get the printout.

Car now feels wayyyyy more stable-I remember that was the first thing I noticed when I bought my car-how stable at 100mph it felt. And while the car still does feel stable it definetly did tend to easily wander a bit more easily-now it feels back to brand new-a well spent 120 bucks a year especialy if you live in the land of potholes like columbus oh
Old 09-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah cleveland isn't much better. I do 30k a year and I really think I need to start getting an alignment every year, i can feel the car being less stable at freeway speeds. I feel your pain.

Originally Posted by Diamond' post='1000347' date='Sep 6 2009, 06:08 PM
My own stupid falt esp when it is 120 bucks at the dealer for a non AS alignment-I had gone 3 years of pretty hard cornering and driving without one however my car still did not pull one way or another. My tire wear was always even.

Well had an alignment done and woa-way way off. My toe in in the rear was almost non existent-no wonder I did notice my car start being more easy to wander on the freeway at high speeds. Toeing in those rears really keep it dead straight with no effort.

Other thing is my camber was not negative enough-which after that my back wheels look like they are riding on skate blades and so toed in if you drew a laser line from the toed in tire-it would point to the front opposite side tire. not that dramatic but if I can actually see a difference visually it was off-He told me exactly but I did not get the printout.

Car now feels wayyyyy more stable-I remember that was the first thing I noticed when I bought my car-how stable at 100mph it felt. And while the car still does feel stable it definetly did tend to easily wander a bit more easily-now it feels back to brand new-a well spent 120 bucks a year especialy if you live in the land of potholes like columbus oh
Old 09-07-2009, 07:32 AM
hmc
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i Sport Pkg, 6MT

I agree on regular alignment.
Question is if e60 is special enough we have to go to dealership. Can't Sears do it for $50-$60?
Old 09-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545i 6MT

Originally Posted by hmc' post='1000804' date='Sep 7 2009, 10:32 AM
I agree on regular alignment.
Question is if e60 is special enough we have to go to dealership. Can't Sears do it for $50-$60?

Yes they can.
I do my alignment @ Firestone (I know the alignment guy there)