E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

German BMW contacts

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

The service at my one and only local dealership has become so bad I doubt many would believe it. It is not only me, but every BMW owner I speak with receives the same almost criminal customer service. It has become really difficult with my busy schedule to keep driving the two hours to the next closest dealership, who by the way provides excellent service. I have three BMWs in my stable, and have been on the list for the E90 M3 for sometime. Over the last few months I have been asking myself what I am doing, and in my mind have started factoring in inconvenience and poor service in the price of my vehicles.

I have emailed, called, written BMWNA as well as given poor customer surveys to the local service. Mercedes also had a really bad dealership here and just opened a second dealership north of our city (pop. > 1 million) which prides themselves on customer service. Now the first Mercedes dealership is tripping over themselves trying to keep customers and provide the service they should have been from the start.

Can anyone suggest any specific contacts at BWMNA or in Germany I can write and tell about my local dealer and ask them to consider a second dealership like Mercedes did?

Thanks for any ideas.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Email MD of BMW USA and CC MD BMW Germany. Usually see my phone levatating about 2 Hours later.

david.panthan@bmw.de
Old 12-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Members

Sorry for your horrible experience. I don't know if you've been to BMW of Austin for service before, but as a temporary method to solve some of your problems, you might want to give them a try. It's only about an hour away. I helped two very close friends purchase their vehicles there, and I accompany them to the service department every time. Tthey are by far the best dealer in customer service I've ever seen. It's probably why they ranked #2, out of all the BMW dealers in service the past two years. The SA's are courteous and they always do their best to help you out. Just my two cents. Good luck with the German contacts.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

Originally Posted by mr_grinche' post='210497' date='Dec 12 2005, 06:44 PM
Email MD of BMW USA and CC MD BMW Germany. Usually see my phone levatating about 2 Hours later.

david.panthan@bmw.de
Thanks for the responses. Sorry for not knowing the lingo, what does MD stand for? And who is it for the USA?
Old 12-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by firewired' post='210957

david.panthan@bmw.de
Thanks for the responses. Sorry for not knowing the lingo, what does MD stand for? And who is it for the USA?
[/quote]
Managing Director? The big cheese? the chief suit?
Old 12-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Members

Thank you all for being so supportive. I will give it a try. Does anyone know who the managing director, and his e-mail in the U.S.?