E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fusion artificial leather

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 07:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

This is my first post but I've been lurking for some time and learning a lot, so thank you!

I'm based in the UK and looking to get an E60 as my next company car, however my budget is pretty poverty spec and so I'm looking at the 520d SE when it arrives here in September.

The options I'm looking at getting are :- metallic paint (not sure on colour yet!), Hifi upgrade, Sports steering wheel, poplar wood. However, my big question mark is the Fusion artificial Leather which comes in at a very low ?150! Now having never seen this in real life I wondered if anyone in the UK / Europe has bought this option and what their opinion is. I've done searches on this Forum and no-one has mentioned it. There are many topics which talk about leatherette, but my concern is that it's not quite the same as the Fusion quoted over here on the BMW web site! Can anyone confirm whether it is? From what I can gather there is quite a lot of positives about the "Leatherette" that is available elsewhere and I would be please to take a chance on ordering this from the previous feedback I've read. My problem is a psychological one i.e. at such a low price compared to real Leather, can it be any good!

Thanks in advance!