E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Full Car Software Upgrade Done Friday

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 11/2007 E60 LCI 530d ///M Sport - Deep Sea Blue - M Double Sp 172 19" Mixed Wheels - Sports Automatic Transmission - Cream/Beige Dakota Leather - Dark Wood Bamboo - Full Visibility Package - Full Media Package - Heated Seats - Auto-Dim Int+Ext Folding Mirrors - M Rear Spoiler - Sun Protection Glazing - Voice Control

Hi,

As previously mentioned in an earlier post, I have now had a full car software update done.

This takes the integration level to E060-09-09-516 or ISTA/P 2.35.2

I do not yet have a changelog for it, and as far as I can see I have no visual differences of particular note. My BMW assist now shows a 'My Info' section but all the online stuff is just as it was before.

I had the update done (free of charge) by my dealer to address a number of audio issues. Whilst the car was in BMW AG apparently refused to sanction the software upgrade under warranty citing the fact that it was probably my iPhone causing the issues. thankfully I get on well with the dealer and they agreed to do it anyway, and whilst early days, so far so good.... things seem ok on the audio front.

If anyone is interested, I do have the 3 page 'Measures Plan' detailing individual module software revisions, or let me know if you want any other info.

If anyone does have a changelog for the latest software I would be intersted in hearing about it.

Regards

Melv
Old 12-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Melv' post='1036704' date='Oct 20 2009, 01:26 PM
Hi,

As previously mentioned in an earlier post, I have now had a full car software update done.

This takes the integration level to E060-09-09-516 or ISTA/P 2.35.2

I do not yet have a changelog for it, and as far as I can see I have no visual differences of particular note. My BMW assist now shows a 'My Info' section but all the online stuff is just as it was before.

I had the update done (free of charge) by my dealer to address a number of audio issues. Whilst the car was in BMW AG apparently refused to sanction the software upgrade under warranty citing the fact that it was probably my iPhone causing the issues. thankfully I get on well with the dealer and they agreed to do it anyway, and whilst early days, so far so good.... things seem ok on the audio front.

If anyone is interested, I do have the 3 page 'Measures Plan' detailing individual module software revisions, or let me know if you want any other info.

If anyone does have a changelog for the latest software I would be intersted in hearing about it.

Regards

Melv
please PM me the "measures plan."
Old 12-24-2009, 04:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Excellent post Melv to add to our collective body of knowledge on software. I wish more would do this to this level of detail and pursue, as you appear to be doing, adding any information on differences observed. If and when you do report any differences it is always good to include your old version (which of course the Measures Plan tells you) so that folks can tell if they might see those changes or not based on what software level they may be at.