E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Frustrated with Wifey's driving style or lack of!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steeda106' post='828135' date='Mar 27 2009, 10:37 AM
post pics of the cars your selling please! No comment on the wife issue, she still your wife so respect her unless you planning on leaving her and then i can say "Fu___ng Women!
I will post some pictures of the two cars. I love her but hate her habbits . No plans on leaving her, she is an attorney and I would be royally screwed .
Old 03-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530D SE; Mystic Blue; Beige Leather; Luxury Pack; Media Pack; Visibility Pack; 123's; Logic 7; + to many more to type........... 2008 730D; Black Sapphire; Cream Beige Leather; plenty of options!

Originally Posted by 968turboS' post='828142' date='Mar 27 2009, 02:46 PM
......................................No plans on leaving her, she is an attorney and I would be royally screwed .
As to the attorney position I can relate to that delicate situation - my ex totally wrecked 5 cars during our marriage, four MB's (x2 CLK's, x2 ML's) one BMW (e39 and many other scraps along the way - I got screwed big time and I?m still paying some 10 years on, although I'm not bitter honest I was compelled to ?facilitate? her ?kicking me out? of the marriage so she did not feel so hard done by (bad!), well actually loosing her reputation - the divorce being my fault was to enable her to keep making money herself! (She has a doctorate in Human Psychology and is a personage of note within that world, author etc. hence her reputation was everything - the things we do for the love of women. (Must be a book in there somewhere do you not think?)
Old 03-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Contributors

Good job her perspective on cars will totaly change now =]
Old 03-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 520i SE, 04, 18" 245s, Sapphire Black, Cream leather.

What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

Nothing.
You've already told her twice.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

I would just buy her a cheap rufty tufty realiable SAFE SUV or something, something cheap to fix and run.

I have the same battle with my wife and cars, banging doors, slamming doors, kerb rash, not cleaning it, not washing it ( EVER )

She knows whenever she comes in my car she will get a serious tongue lashing if she as much as leave a sweet wrapper when she gets back out, or slams the door........

Your right, its only a car - to women, this is my pride and joy and I espect my wife to respect that.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Originally Posted by 968turboS' post='828142' date='Mar 27 2009, 02:46 PM
I will post some pictures of the two cars. I love her but hate her habbits . No plans on leaving her, she is an attorney and I would be royally screwed .
Sounds like your already screwed
Old 03-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

Originally Posted by -Mike-' post='828124' date='Mar 27 2009, 06:28 AM
+1, Things could be worse man! Get that beauty into the body shop, pay your 5 hundo, and she'll be brand spankin new! My wife tore off my side view mirror on my SUV (3) different times....clear off! I'm not perfect, and neither is anyone else....accidents happen. Good luck..

I thought this was hilarious!! Makes me feel like I need to stop over reacting about everything... If my girlfriend/wife whatever did that to my car anymore than twice I would of been going crazy. Lesson learned shit happens! Thanks Mike.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='828179' date='Mar 27 2009, 11:28 AM
Sounds like your already screwed
Naah, I don't see it that way. From driving an E46, I will now be driving an E60.
What I can't get is, when it comes to keeping the house clean, they have the same standards as we do for the cars but for some reason, they don't apply to cars for them.
Double standard.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Sport Package, Jet Black M166 OEM Wheels M5 Style Body kit RPI Scoop BMC Air Filter Valentine One Radar Detector 35% tint all around

Originally Posted by 968turboS' post='828105' date='Mar 27 2009, 08:56 AM
Just feel the need to vent.
I presented my wife an 06 530i a few months back. This was a replacement for her 04 545i that was stolen in NYC. I went thru 3+ months of search before I found a perfect example. It had to be shipped from Idaho, go thru payoff and get financed. All in all, took me over 1 month to get this car in my possession from when I 1st struck the deal. Then came Ipod kit, all season mats, trunk liner yada yada. All in all, a lot of time spent just to please her.
She calls me on my way home yesterday and tells me not to get mad but a piece of the front bumper is missing. I am already upset but don't say anything. As per her, "not sure what happened, it was fine in the morning on the way into work and was fine when I took it out for lunch but I saw this when I got in the car to get home". Now, nothing upsets me more than ignorance. She could have come out clean and just apologized but she had to play dumb.
I get home and right away walk up to the car. The driver's side bumper cover is pulled off the body but the rest is still on. The 3 tabs in the wheel well have snapped off. I try to push it back in but nothing moves (looks like I need to remove it to see what's going on). I walk up to the bedroom and she has our 2 kids in the bed as she is trying to put them to sleep. I walk up and tell her exactly what happened. In my words, "looks like a clueless individual decided to pull over the parking lot stops and got their bumper caught up in there. Then, when they pulled out, they tore the bumper off the car."
"Well, how would one get their car out if it gets stuck on those things" is her response. Right there, I knew she was lying earlier about not knowing how it happened. I called her out on it and she tells me, "well, now that you explained it, it makes sense. "
Right!!!
All in all, I told her I want the car back and I am sick and tired of taking care of her cars when she could give two $h1t$ about it and to get her own car. I have had it. This has become such a stress in our lives. I have to constantly tell her to keep it clean since she lets the kids do whatever they want in there.
So, now I have 5 cars and she has none. I need to sell 2 cars immidiately (3 series and audi a4). All in all, I picked up some stress of needing to sell two cars in a soft economy but I think that is the best solution in the long run.
Sorry for ranting.
Regards.
Raj
LOL! reminds me of my wife! I spend so much time maintaining the car and she does the same shit: she parks on the curbs so now there is a rubber piece that fell of just below the fromt bumper. And i like to keep car super clean and she would leave an empty can or tissue or something in there. Why dont' put it outside? and when she drives she brakes all the time it's frastrating me too.. and also she slamming the door when she walks out. it's pissing me off..especially after i bought a new door seals.. sometimes she thinks i'm pshyco about cars but it is really frustrating.. I know how u feel!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Silver Grey, Grey Dakota Leather, Premium, Adaptive Xenon, L7. Mods: Sprint Booster V1, 8000k GP Thunder Headlight, 8000k HID fogs, LED Interior, LED License Plate, Rear Red Reflectors Wish List: Mtech Kit, Style 172 Rims, KSport Coilovers, Shadowline Trim.

I think alot of you are way over board with your cars. Sure they are nice cars, but they are just that, CARS. When it comes between a relationship and you have fights over the car, then you have some problems and should probably seek counseling. Cars can always be fixed, but sometimes things you say to your wife,, or husband, can't be taken back. i don't know, just my two cents. My wife scraped the front of my bumper on one of those parking curbs too, but you know, its not that big of a deal, it can always be fixed...

Quick Reply: Frustrated with Wifey's driving style or lack of!!