E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Front license plate holder...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 04:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='286755' date='May 23 2006, 08:16 PM
My ride is on its way here. Looking at the nice cars from Cali I am a little envious. I like the front bumper without the distraction of a license plate.

I assume that the license plate holder is installed at the dealership. Is this something that I can request to be left off before delivery?

I understand that most states require this buy law. (would it help if I slip the dealer a buck or two )
My dealer did not put it on by default because they told me that car looked nice without it. However, I had to put it back on myself due to the state law.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Members

My dealer in CT did not put it on either. I have the bracket and the plate in the trunk. Luckily, one year without any stops.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bubblehead' post='286970' date='May 24 2006, 10:09 AM
My dealer in CT did not put it on either. I have the bracket and the plate in the trunk. Luckily, one year without any stops.
I didn't think CT required front tags. Has that changed recently?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BERM' post='286941' date='May 24 2006, 01:37 PM
Jersey cops will definitely stop you for not having front license plate.
THings must be improving over the pond. Used to go there quite often and was told that in NJ and NYC you'd never even get stopped for speeding 'cause the cops were concerned about getting shot at just foir pulling someone over for a minor traffic offence. or should that be :'(
Old 05-24-2006, 07:12 AM
JDN
Contributors

The dealer left it off on his own accord. He gave it to me in the event that I ever needed to have it installed. So far, two years of good experience with no front plate in a two-plate state.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Premium Pakage, Weather Package, Navigation M3 Conv Sold!!

Originally Posted by cjbryce' post='287004' date='May 24 2006, 10:54 AM
THings must be improving over the pond. Used to go there quite often and was told that in NJ and NYC you'd never even get stopped for speeding 'cause the cops were concerned about getting shot at just foir pulling someone over for a minor traffic offence. or should that be :'(

City cops won't usually stop you for minor things, but cops in suburbs have not much to do, so you can get stop for anything. That's how they get their money.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='286789' date='May 24 2006, 04:29 AM
Thank you all! Gonna roll the dice with the fuzz here in Jersey and see how quick they are to pull me over.
I wish you luck!

The E60 M lookes really great without the front licence plate.

At least you should have the front plate with you in the trunk.
Just jump on it a few times and if pulled over by the law,
just say that it just fell off...
Old 05-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i, Mystic Blue over Auburn, 6-Manual, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7, Nav, Sirius, MTec Front & Sides with M5 rear apron, VIS Penta carbon fiber vented hood, OEM M166s, (or Style 101M with winter 19 Blizzaks), BMW Blue Calipers, Custom Quad Exhaust and M5 side grills, trunk finisher and spoiler. Rogue Octane SSK/WSR and Zeckhausen CDV, BMW illuminated shift knob, Delivered 4/26/06 - Ordered 3/18/06 from Otto's (the Best) BMW Dealership.

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='286755' date='May 23 2006, 08:16 PM
My ride is on its way here. Looking at the nice cars from Cali I am a little envious. I like the front bumper without the distraction of a license plate.

I assume that the license plate holder is installed at the dealership. Is this something that I can request to be left off before delivery?

I understand that most states require this buy law. (would it help if I slip the dealer a buck or two )
I hat ethe look of the front plate on this car- of course my commonwealth doesn't require it- but if they did I would run without it until caught (at least twice) and pay the ticket as the price for looking great!

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Front license plate holder...-e60_no_front_tag.jpg  
Old 05-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by TAJARO' post='287192' date='May 24 2006, 04:17 PM
I hat ethe look of the front plate on this car- of course my commonwealth doesn't require it- but if they did I would run without it until caught (at least twice) and pay the ticket as the price for looking great!

Good luck!
Well I'll be driving mostly from Harrisburg to Philly and most of the time out of my own state. So you have given me the excuse.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, titanium silver, gray leather, sport package, premium package, Logic 7, steptronic, folding rear seats, comfort seats, comfort access, heated front seats

I live in California. When I ordered my car I specifically told them not to install the plate holder and they honored my request but made me sign a waiver. I got pulled over in my E39 before I got my E60 for having a photo license plate cover on my rear plate and he also gave me a fix-it ticket for no front plate. The cop proceeded to tell me that he would'nt pull someone over just for not having a front plate. Which I was glad to hear. It does'nt really matter anymore though cause I'm in the process of moving to Arizona where they don't have front license plates.

Quick Reply: Front license plate holder...