E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front creaking noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by Wiss545' date='Sep 10 2005, 04:22 PM
I posted complaining about a rattling noise from the front end of the car earlier and since then i am still suffering, this is the 4th time at the dealer for the same reason

but the confusing thing is that they told me that they will change the stearing Rack, knowing that they changed the same part 3 months back

i am still not convinced about changing the stearing rack because sometime i feel the noise coming from the suspension area...

but what the Technical manager said: that sometime the car gives misleading noises but after analysis they decided to change again the stearing Rack, he added that they oppened a case with germany and they also recomended to change the same....

FYI on my third visit they changed the Axe Holder and they damaged the stearing oil pipe... MY dealer Sucks

Please Help
[snapback]169104[/snapback]
Of course, it's not possible from thousands km away to tell you exactly what sort of problem your car is having.

But, if your creaking is coming from engine compartment and is clearly udible inside the cabin, especially when the car body is flexing (driving along bad roads, over bumps, entering or leaving garage ramps....) I suggest to you to tell to your dealer to check if the strut linking the shock absorbers domes in the engine bay is tightly screwed up WITH THE RIGHT TORQUE (they must revert to BMW manual figures, of course).
In my previous E60 I lived 10 months with this bloody creaking noise that made me crazy; the dealer changed almost everything but the problem was fixed only when a technician came from BMW directly and suggested to tighten the suspension strut!

Good luck.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations' date='Jun 9 2005, 07:38 AM
I?m with BMW of North America, LLC.? I?m sorry to read of your concern about your 545i.? If you and your BMW center would like our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117 or email us at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com, and mention Reference #200516000033 so that we can help you more efficiently.
[snapback]137888[/snapback]
Hi BMW:

Nice of you to offer help. If I ever have a problem and you offer help, then I'll take you up on it if I cannot resolve it directly with my BMW dealer. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Members

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by my530i' date='Jun 9 2005, 12:22 PM
One word for BMWNA: USELESS!
[snapback]137955[/snapback]
different opinion
I don't think so ... in general they are good and BMWNA web site attract me more than BMW main wet site.. this is from one point of view... and compared to other car manufacturers .. BMW agine in general are very good in term of customer care & after sale services.

hope get dicounts from BMW ke ke ke

AND ABOUT THE CREACKING SOUND FROM FRONT

I am facing the same problem and could not show the dealer when the problem occurs ??? <_< ... I tried as much as possible to let the problem come out when my car was with dealer for service ?? but no use. and after taking my car back the cracking sound is coming agine .. I don't think it is from brakes ... because it comes even I didn't apply brake..

by the way if you find the problem pls send me a private mail so I can tell my dealer directly where the problem is coming from ...
Old 09-11-2005, 06:07 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation

Guess what,

I was informed that the stearing rack was changed for the 2nd time but the noise is there :thumbsdown:

I am seriously thinking to replace the car it is staying at the dealer more than it stays with me.. i am sick of that..