E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

front bumper height adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 03:47 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520i E60
Default front bumper height adjustment

my front bumper has a slight "gap" between the hood, as pics above. maybe to a previos accident or so.

seems like is a bit "lowered" than its normal position, maybe due to a dull coupling.

can you suggest me if there are some hints to adjust it, maybe putting it a little higher?
Old 05-05-2014, 05:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

i think it'd help if you move the bumper and grill out a bit, and then maybe lower hood a bit by adjusting latches.

pull the rubber strip off the top edge of bumper/grill. loosen bolts and move the bumper out/forward, and retighten.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:32 AM
New Members

do you think is more a inward/outward question than a upward/downward?
I saw the bolts you're talking about, and that's why I wondered if it was possible to raise the entire bumper. I'm afraid I'm at its "maximun" .

the hood I think is at its correct fit, because it is correctly endorsed to headlight gasket. I tought too the easiest way was to lower the hood, but I'm afraid to break/ruin theadlights...

to "move" the entire bumber do I need to loosen the screws under the car/ wheels to or are not necessary?
Old 05-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

It looks to be too inward towards the engine to me...
Old 05-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by resunoiz
do you think is more a inward/outward question than a upward/downward?
I saw the bolts you're talking about, and that's why I wondered if it was possible to raise the entire bumper. I'm afraid I'm at its "maximun" .

the hood I think is at its correct fit, because it is correctly endorsed to headlight gasket. I tought too the easiest way was to lower the hood, but I'm afraid to break/ruin theadlights...

to "move" the entire bumber do I need to loosen the screws under the car/ wheels to or are not necessary?
i dont see a way you can raise the bumper. the way it mounts, there isnt adjustment up and down. unless you can somehow raise the support where those top bolts go into.
what has changed recently? new bumper?

try just bringing the bumper out a bit. it will look better.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:37 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by turboawd
i dont see a way you can raise the bumper. the way it mounts, there isnt adjustment up and down. unless you can somehow raise the support where those top bolts go into.
what has changed recently? new bumper?

try just bringing the bumper out a bit. it will look better.
nope, I assume the previous owner had a minor crash and re-mounted it badly.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:01 PM
New Members

https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yo...-bumper-12675/

found that thread about the m sport bumper. do you think the foma issue may be similar on normal bumper?
Old 05-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by resunoiz
https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yo...-bumper-12675/

found that thread about the m sport bumper. do you think the foma issue may be similar on normal bumper?
i think the foam is cut only when adding an mtech bumper.

just trying moving the top of the bumper out by loosening the torx screws on top. it will take you five minutes. then see how it looks.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:45 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

It still looks too far back. Like mentioned, loosen the top torx bolts and move the forward. You will gain a little height from this because of the bumpers angle. If you are too low, you will also see this condition around your headlights. You can also adjust the hood to come down a little lower. Maybe it's just a combination of a few different adjustments that is needed.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:30 AM
New Members

next saturday I'll take a look. I'll keep you update

Quick Reply: front bumper height adjustment