E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: How often do you use NAV in an average week?
Less than once a day (or <7 times)
63.27%
At least once a day (7-10 times)
18.37%
More than once a day (or >10 times)
10.20%
Constantly (or I am just lonely and enjoy the lady's voice)
8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Frequency of NAV use

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NAV is nice, but wondering how often people use it.

When I think about it, for me personally, I don't use it that often ... maybe 2 or 3 times a month, if that.

I know where I live. I know where I work. And, most importantly, I know how to get from where I live to where I work (and vice versa).
Old 02-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Sport - fully loaded minus cold weather package. Blue angel eyes, 19" 167s

**(flame suit on...don protective helmet)**

** about 3-4 times/week**

Okay so at a house party I programmed the car to remember my house location while drunk, (Don't worry I wasn't going to drive anywhere). So its amazing I only remember to use it when i'm in a similar state, so I find a sober female either at the club or restaurant or some setting like that where I usually end up impared and ask for a ride home.

Its a great ice breaker! I just find a (super) hot chicka, (the kind you can only approach after being somewhat loosened), that's with her girl friends and ask if they can give me a lift - **show them the keys - to which OMG YES! is usually the reply, I mean who says no to a guy in a suit?** And because I suck at giving directions I just get the nav to do it. Its resulted in 2 hook ups the last time I was in the US..hehe....and both those times the girls that followed her were telling her to hook up!!! Yes I know I'm shameless....
Old 02-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by ipse dixit' post='238239' date='Feb 10 2006, 11:47 PM
When I think about it, for me personally, I don't use it that often ... maybe 2 or 3 times a month, if that.
I am like you ipse d. I rarely use it. We use it when going on trips and are in towns we are unfamilar with.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I would use it just to view the location of the car and see upcomming street names... thats always fun.

Note: I have a portable one.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Senior Members

have not used in it the 3 years i have had it

or wait its because there is no software for BULGARIA !
Old 02-11-2006, 05:53 AM
Senior Members

I use it all the time, even when I know where I'm going because the TMC function warns of traffic problems, I just mute the voice. Handy.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:32 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Almost never for me. I've used it a handful of times in the year I've had the car--same experience with previous cars with nav. At least in the US, one of the nice things about nav is it comes with voice command, which I like.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Originally Posted by browellm' post='238370' date='Feb 11 2006, 09:53 AM
I use it all the time, even when I know where I'm going because the TMC function warns of traffic problems, I just mute the voice. Handy.
Same here, if it's over say 10 miles i'll activate the Nav as the destination will probably be in my favourites & it's useful to know in advance of all traffic problems. Also the Perspective map is most pleasing to the eye.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='238390
Same here, if it's over say 10 miles i'll activate the Nav as the destination will probably be in my favourites & it's useful to know in advance of all traffic problems. Also the Perspective map is most pleasing to the eye.
[/quote]

I don't have that yet, or the mp3 but I need a service in 2000 miles so I'll get them to do a CIP update while they've got the car
Old 02-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 14th Oct 05 delivery, 525d SE Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Dark Poplar, Adaptive Xenon, Prof Radio, Prof Nav, 6 CD Changer, BT, Advanced A/C, Electric Seats, Heated Front Seats, Thru Load/Ski Bag

I use it for nearly every journey, as the TMC function is excellent, expecially for indicating major holdups on motorways. In the UK, this service is provided via Classic FM and is available 95% of the time. I can only recal 3 occaisons when the traffic info was no displayed onscreen for my commute to work.

On my previous car, a Jag (the touch screen and functionality of the Nav was much much better, but no TMC), I only used the Nav about once a week.

Quick Reply: Frequency of NAV use