E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Free Database For TSB/SIB/Recalls in PDF's

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by tbal' post='737124' date='Dec 3 2008, 03:04 PM
maybe its case sensitive.. try Access
Oh crap! It's detecting that I'm browsing from the Nokia network, and logs me in automatically --- which DOES NOT have the Auto resources Guess I'll wait until I get home tonight. Hopefully, it's still available.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by tbal' post='736649' date='Dec 3 2008, 03:04 AM
Not sure how long this will be up, but if you want some TSB/SIBS for your vehicles (BMW OR NOT) check this site out asap!

http://search.ebscohost.com/

Username: lib
Password: Access

After logging in, choose "Auto Repair Reference Center".

You will get access to all sorts of materials on cars including TSBs, etc.

I would save the pdfs for future ref. site will go down soon!
This is great. A big "Thank You!"
Old 12-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Just lookin out for my fellow gear heads
Old 12-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by tbal' post='737323' date='Dec 3 2008, 07:14 PM
Just lookin out for my fellow gear heads
Got it all for my wife's and my car. Thanks Tony.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Contributors

Your welcome bro
Old 12-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Contributors

Suprisingly this is still up.. lol
Old 12-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Members

My Ride: Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown Dakota Leather | Bamboo Anthracite wood trim | Premium Package | Adaptive Xenon Headlights | Sport Package | Active Steering | STEPTRONIC automatic transmission | Power rear sunshade with rear manual side window shades | Park Distance Control |18" Star Spoke 124 | IPod® Interface Adapter. Single CD player that plays MP3z | 5% Tint

Great info I will need in the future
Old 12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info, do you guys print that pages or save it in a text/word document? I can't seem to save the page.

Anyways, I found this one very interesting:
http://arrc.epnet.com/autoasp/framerq.asp

Crap can't see it, anyways its under Gasoline engines and "N54 tuning"
Old 12-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Contributors

Just right click and save them, they are PDF files so you can open them later using adobe acrobat reader
Old 12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by andy535xi' post='746750' date='Dec 16 2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the info, do you guys print that pages or save it in a text/word document? I can't seem to save the page.

Anyways, I found this one very interesting:
http://arrc.epnet.com/autoasp/framerq.asp

Crap can't see it, anyways its under Gasoline engines and "N54 tuning"
Incase you guys are wondering, heres what it says for the N54 Engines. (135/335/535)

SUBJECT
N54 ? Aftermarket "Engine Performance Tuning" Kits
MODEL
E60, E61 with N54 engine
E90, E92, E93 with N54 engine
E82, E88 with N54 engine
E71 with N54 engine
SITUATION
Various aftermarket "N54 ? Engine Performance Tuning" kits are being aggressively advertised to
BMW owners.
Depending on the manufacturer, these modifications may consist of a "turbo-tuner control
module" (piggyback box) plugged directly into the TMAP sensor / DME connector, waste-gates vacuum
plumbing alterations, or the DME "performance" software programming.
In general, each aftermarket tuner claims a significant increase in engine power and torque of up to 40%
over the stock N54 engine specifications (which are, respectively, 300 hp and 400 Nm).
These alleged performance gains are achieved by an increase of the turbochargers boost in a wide range
of engine speeds, in some cases exceeding the maximum designed turbo pressure of 8.8 psi by 50%.
INFORMATION
None of the aftermarket "N54 Engine Performance Tuning" kits has been evaluated, tested,
approved or endorsed by the BMW Development or Service Departments.
Any alterations to the originally designed and installed turbochargers control system or to the DME
software may increase a vehicle's emission levels and may compromise its OBD II compliance.
Moreover, to the best of BMW NA knowledge, none of the aftermarket "N54 Performance" kits have
been certified (homologated) by the appropriate federal and state authorities (EPA/CAR to meet
street-legal emission requirements. BMW vehicles equipped with such "performance enhancement
devices" without these certifications are not in compliance with EPA/CARB emission anti-tampering
laws.
Excessive turbocharger boost increases engine temperatures resulting in pressures and forces which may
damage engine internal components and or may cause premature turbochargers failure.
Due to increased engine output and the altered emissions characteristics, severe damage may be inflicted
on emission control components, such as oxygen sensors and catalytic converters.
Excessive engine loads, above the designed levels, may also compromise long term reliability and
SI B 12 10 08
Engine Electrical Systems
April 2008
Technical Service
Page 1 of 2
http://www.bmwtechinfo.com/tiscode/cgi-bin...ns/htm_store/... 5/1/2008
longevity of other drivetrain components, such as: clutch transmission, transfer case, differentials, etc.
WARRANTY INFORMATION
Modification of the vehicle or installation of any non-approved performance accessories or components
attached to the vehicle which alters the original engineering and/or operating specifications or which
results in damage to the other original components voids the warranty coverage on the affected original
Drivetrain and Emission Control components.
In general terms, the BMW warranty on Drivetrain and Emission Control components is void due to a
modification where the modification, alteration or installation of a non-approved aftermarket part was
responsible for the failure.
Please make sure to inform BMW customers considering purchase of an aftermarket "N54 Engine
Performance" kit of the above legal and technical implications.
[ Copyright ? 2008 BMW of North America, LLC ]
Page 2 of 2
http://www.bmwtechinfo.com/tiscode/cgi-bin...ns/htm_store/... 5/1/2008

Quick Reply: Free Database For TSB/SIB/Recalls in PDF's