E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Forum is so helpful

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i M Sport Touring (E61): Mystic Blue with Beige Leather and Light Poplar Wood Trim | M Sport Package: Anthracite Headlining, Dechroming, 18" M Spoke Alloy Wheels (135) & RFT's, M Sport Steering Wheel, Sports Seats, M Door Entry Sill Trims, M Sport Suspension Settings, M Aero Bodykit I | Pro NAV | Bluetooth Prep | Xenons | Adapative Headlights | Headlight Washers | HUD | PDC | Automatic Air Con - Advanced | Automatic Tailgate Operation | Heated Front Seats | Sun Protection Glass | Non-Smoker Package |

Following all my recent questions I have taken all the comments from fellow members on board and amended my order from a 523i M Sport Tourer to the 525i M Sport Tourer with the following spec. and options: 525i M Sport Tourer (E61) in Mystic Blue with Beige Leather and Light Poplar Wood Trim | M Sport Package: Anthracite Headlining, Dechroming, 18" M Spoke Alloy Wheels (135) & RFT's, M Sport Steering Wheel, Sports Seats, M Door Entry Sill Trims, M Sport Suspension Settings, M Aero Bodykit I | Pro NAV | Bluetooth Prep | Xenons | Adapative Headlights | Headlight Washers | HUD | PDC | Automatic Air Con - Advanced | Automatic Tailgate Operation | Heated Front Seats | Sun Protection Glass | Non-Smoker Package |

Thanks to everyone for their assistance in finalising my choices. I'm now happy with the spec. and can't wait to join you all in the E60 / E61 club properly.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Allymunro' post='273056' date='Apr 23 2006, 07:44 PM
Following all my recent questions I have taken all the comments from fellow members on board and amended my order from a 523i M Sport Tourer to the 525i M Sport Tourer with the following spec. and options: 525i M Sport Tourer (E61) in Mystic Blue with Beige Leather and Light Poplar Wood Trim | M Sport Package: Anthracite Headlining, Dechroming, 18" M Spoke Alloy Wheels (135) & RFT's, M Sport Steering Wheel, Sports Seats, M Door Entry Sill Trims, M Sport Suspension Settings, M Aero Bodykit I | Pro NAV | Bluetooth Prep | Xenons | Adapative Headlights | Headlight Washers | HUD | PDC | Automatic Air Con - Advanced | Automatic Tailgate Operation | Heated Front Seats | Sun Protection Glass | Non-Smoker Package |

Thanks to everyone for their assistance in finalising my choices. I'm now happy with the spec. and can't wait to join you all in the E60 / E61 club properly.
Congrats, do you have a ETA?
Old 04-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i M Sport Touring (E61): Mystic Blue with Beige Leather and Light Poplar Wood Trim | M Sport Package: Anthracite Headlining, Dechroming, 18" M Spoke Alloy Wheels (135) & RFT's, M Sport Steering Wheel, Sports Seats, M Door Entry Sill Trims, M Sport Suspension Settings, M Aero Bodykit I | Pro NAV | Bluetooth Prep | Xenons | Adapative Headlights | Headlight Washers | HUD | PDC | Automatic Air Con - Advanced | Automatic Tailgate Operation | Heated Front Seats | Sun Protection Glass | Non-Smoker Package |

Originally Posted by colejl' post='273107' date='Apr 23 2006, 10:16 PM
Congrats, do you have a ETA?
Nothing specific yet; the car is still status 1100, but I think it will be early June.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

We LOVE to help you spend YOUR money....

Hope we continue to help.
Ray Hull
Old 04-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ray Hull' post='273136' date='Apr 23 2006, 11:46 PM
We LOVE to help you spend YOUR money....

Hope we continue to help.
Ray Hull
Thanks Ray

As always the extra ??/$$ was always a consideration, but I have to live with this car for 3-4 years so It's worth stretching a bit. I'm sure I've done the right thing.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Allymunro' post='273110' date='Apr 23 2006, 10:22 PM
Nothing specific yet; the car is still status 1100, but I think it will be early June.

Hi Allymunro. Nice car - what a spec!

I ordered my car 4 weeks ago from a dealer in London who told me late May/early June and has just given me a courtesy call to confirm an ETA of the first week in June. What is your 'status 1100' reference about? Is it part of an order tracking system? Could you pass me some details please?
Old 04-24-2006, 02:15 AM
Members

My Ride: Due May 2006: 530d SE Touring, Automatic, Titanium Grey, beige leather comfort seats, light poplar wood trim, sports steering wheel, graduated tinted windscreen, panoramic sunroof, pro radio, logic 7, 6CD, visibility pack, storage compartment pack, adv aircon

Originally Posted by brommy' post='273258' date='Apr 24 2006, 04:39 AM
What is your 'status 1100' reference about? Is it part of a order tracking system? Could you pass me some details please?
I was wondering that too. Mine's due next week, but it's always nice to be able to check.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Allymunro' post='273143' date='Apr 23 2006, 11:56 PM
Thanks Ray

As always the extra ??/$$ was always a consideration, but I have to live with this car for 3-4 years so It's worth stretching a bit. I'm sure I've done the right thing.
Did you buy a servicing package? If you're keeping it for 3-4 years then they're definitely worth considering, especially if you do a reasonable mileage?
Old 04-24-2006, 04:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by brommy' post='273258' date='Apr 24 2006, 10:39 AM
Hi Allymunro. Nice car - what a spec!

I ordered my car 4 weeks ago from a dealer in London who told me late May/early June and has just given me a courtesy call to confirm an ETA of the first week in June. What is your 'status 1100' reference about? Is it part of an order tracking system? Could you pass me some details please?
Hi Brommy

The status 1100 is the dealer tracking system. Status 1100 means the order has been placed on the system but no planned production date. During this time the specification is amendable. It then will go to the next stage, which is status 1200. This means a production date is planned and it is then very difficult to amend spec. My order has been status 1100 for the last two weeks and this has allowed me to change my spec. twice! Hopefully I'll be notified of status 1200 soon which will give me a firmer idea of possible delivery schedule (and stop me making any more expensive amendments! ). I would ask your dealer for more details.

What spec. is your car? Tell us more about it. I'm sure it'll be great and I hope you enjoy your ride when it arrives.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by colejl' post='273280' date='Apr 24 2006, 12:54 PM
Did you buy a servicing package? If you're keeping it for 3-4 years then they're definitely worth considering, especially if you do a reasonable mileage?
Hi Colelj

I am considering the service package, but at this point I think it may be just about breakeven for me. My mileage is around 15-18K per year. If I keep the car longer than three years I think it's worth it, but if I trade it in after three years having done about 45K I will only have had two services on this package. In this case it would be six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Any other comments / advise from other UK members about the BMW service packages?

Quick Reply: Forum is so helpful