E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Forgive me, Forum, for I have sinned...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 04:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Apr 12 2005, 02:12 PM
Between Sans and jd604, we got ourselves a couple of writers!

Sans, very funny! (as well as true!)
[snapback]114559[/snapback]
That was exactly what I was thinking!!
Old 04-13-2005, 04:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by garehaan' date='Apr 12 2005, 03:09 PM
Good for me that the IWC version of the CLS wasn't out then.....(talking about another league) http://forums.germancarfans.com/zerothread?id=14688

[snapback]114612[/snapback]

Wow, that IWC version looks awesome! I like it!
Old 04-13-2005, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by JonsTintedTails' date='Apr 13 2005, 08:10 AM
After reading this thread, I got to give all of you alot of credit.? This may be silly but from my past experiences with past cars on past forums, if a post like this was created, the responses would rarely be mature and congradualory (spelling?).? Usually the members of the forum would bash the person posting for even considering it.?

It's nice to see a group of people who are not stuck up because of the car they drive.
[snapback]114830[/snapback]
I think you've hit on one of the reasons this board has seen tremendous growth over the last year. We all love our cars but are respectful to other's opinions...
Old 04-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Members

There are BMW guys and Mercedes guys. But the CLS is so far off the chart for some one who likes the e60 that it's like earth guys and Mars guys!
IMHO the CLS is neither one thing or another. It's a perfect car for someone who needs to have a badge and can afford it but does not know or care much about cars. This person also secretly aspires to having an old Bently.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Senior Members

i was the first one who test drove the cls500 in my local dealer. the interior is very similar to the current e-class except the missing middle back seat. i didn't like the car at all :'(. it didn't drive like a bmw...well, not even close <_<. and i only have a 530, not even a 545. go figure . i love the style when i first saw it. but for some reasons, all mercedes seem dated extremely quick and i think the brand spanking new cls already looked a bit outdated . well, some of you might not agree. i probably need a new pair of glasses . however, the e60 is still hot as hell and i couldn't take my eyes off one on the street . go back to the cls, the back seats are ridiculous . it's more like a small 2-doors coupe than a 4-doors coupe. so hard to get in and out. for that price, i'll take the 645 or 545 w/o a second thought .
Old 04-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Apr 13 2005, 04:39 AM
[quote name='garehaan' date='Apr 12 2005, 03:09 PM']
Good for me that the IWC version of the CLS wasn't out then.....(talking about another league) http://forums.germancarfans.com/zerothread?id=14688

[snapback]114612[/snapback]

Wow, that IWC version looks awesome! I like it!
[snapback]114840[/snapback]
[/quote]

YA!!! WOW!!! I like the IWC Ingenieur version!!!
Old 04-17-2005, 01:00 AM
Contributors

It's a good thing that there are so many options available to us because people have such diverse tastes. As others have already said you should buy the car that you like and are drawn to. Having said that I would like to state my opinion of the CLS.

There are certain things in cars that I have always disliked such as wood intertior trim, chrome, and the classic British car design, among others. So to me that's three strikes and the CLS is out because it has more than it's share of these things all rolled up in one package. I sort of like the front end, but other than that not much else about it. I don't like the side profile AT ALL.....it reminds me too much of old British cars........and the same with that huge slab of wood on the dash.

I do have to say though that I can totally understand why most people who dislike the E60 would LOVE the CLS because it is clearly the Anti-E60 in more ways than one.

There...........that's JUST MY OPINION..........and I hope I did not offend anyone......Again, if the CLS has captured your heart you should definately go with it.

By the way, I personally do not believe that any of MB's main products have really been influenced by Chrysler (the reverse is however true). I still believe that MB's are well engineered and built cars and if there is any reliability or quality issues it is of their own doing and not related to Chrysler having an influence on MB. My issue with the CLS is purely with the design, not with the engineering or built quality.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Members

My Ride: Currently a 2000 540i 6spd

As far as design goes I love both the CLS and the E60. Furthermore, I love the E65, the MB SL's and their E's and their CL's and their CLK's.

In fact, I love a lot of cars. It's good to be me.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by dean' date='Apr 17 2005, 08:29 PM
In fact, I love a lot of cars.?
[snapback]116559[/snapback]
Hey Me too!!! just no money for them. :'(
Old 04-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Members

Oh i can't resist this one.. forgive me now !

Whoa... now that MB looks a bit "outside the 9 dots" for most MB fans..... Sort of Bristol Beaufighter / Bentley swooping back slab sided etc etc...

But i have to say it is a bit risky for the normal E3nn consumer group = Bank manager / SAP "ahem" consultant aka- fresh blood graduate 3 weeks out of a BullSh1t degree in business feng shui / lawyer / retired chrysler salesman apparently done good / estate agent / dentist (add more professionals at will) ... it'll scare them / their customers to death.. Also a bit too 4 door(ish) for SL / CL / CLk buyers..

Is it just me or will it, with those "pimp my ride alloys" make the normal 'burb residents run for cover as it looks a bit "blacked out windows gun platform".. home boy / low rent rap star.....

I think it joins cars like the volvo'esque and butt ugly Chrysler 300 "gunship" in defining a whole new "gangsta' of the early 90's all "growed" up transport system" which is being created by Daimler Chrysler.... (also joined by the ultimate gangsta' done good grotesque Maybach....) Oh and the Vw-bentley ...

well i did say forgive me.. it looks like hell.. sort of the new a6 audi squashed a bit.. i thought my e60 looked quirky but that takes the award.. it hit every branch of the ugly tree on the way down and landed on it's arse.. then got hit by like a 5+ ton maybach on it's roofline.... rant rant rant

ooh and the Hamman e60.. if you look at the front end long enough it really looks like a Rover MGZt - see URL for proof -

http://www.rovercarclubaust.asn.au/images/mgztv82.jpg

having said all that.. it is quite cool... and personal choice etc etc .. and it is different.. it is gonna be ok quality wise ..

end of rant....

Quick Reply: Forgive me, Forum, for I have sinned...