E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Folding Down Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 Titanium Gray 545 Sport Package

I don't know if I never noticed it or not but does the driver's side mirror fold down also when backing up and parking. My wife dropped the car off for service today and mentioned it to the tech, who said the mirror never folded down. I am really under the impression that it folds down when reversing and that it is just broke. Please inform me if I am mistaken, car is 3 months old and we rarely ever drive it. I think it might have about 200 maybe 300 miles on it. Please excuse my ignorance on the topic.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

Nope, the drivers mirror doesn't tilt down as you reverse. Only the passengers one.

Marc
Old 01-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TitanG545' post='762709' date='Jan 8 2009, 04:33 PM
I don't know if I never noticed it or not but does the driver's side mirror fold down also when backing up and parking. My wife dropped the car off for service today and mentioned it to the tech, who said the mirror never folded down. I am really under the impression that it folds down when reversing and that it is just broke. Please inform me if I am mistaken, car is 3 months old and we rarely ever drive it. I think it might have about 200 maybe 300 miles on it. Please excuse my ignorance on the topic.
i know on my last BMW 840I the mirror on the passenger went down, and on my other BMW 320 only the passengers goes down in reverse.

I have 2005 model (non LCI) and asked my dealer the same question, but they told me that the drivers mirror doesn't fold down but on the passengers side it does to help you park, (thats uk models i think) but my car need to reprogrammed.

My dealer also told me that he will program my car so that in reverse the mirror will fold down on the passenger side, but when i went to collect it he said he could get it to work but got the mirrors to fold in when the car is locked. he also mentioned that the mirrors only fold down if you have memory seats on the e60.

my 320 doesn't have memory seats and they fold down, but when i told about 320 he couldn't explain the reason.

hope this helps you, i have not confused more LOL
Old 01-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 525i LCI - saphire black on black dakota leather, dark poplar wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6230i bluetooth + cradle, rain sensor, A/C with extended features, extended lights package, PDC, rear power sunshade, AUX Jack, steptronic, M-Tech steering wheel, 10 Airbags, smokers package, DSC, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, business radio; power folding mirrors Mods: iPOD (OEM), BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat, ///M Aerodyamics kit (OEM), 18" rims style 184 (OEM), 245/45 R18 93Y Contisport, ///M boot-lid spoiler (OEM), OEM Headlight washer system Future Mods: Solaris Invisibulbs - Amber Flash all-round; LED interior kit; LED License Plate; The Mrs.: 2009 e90 320i LCI - Carbon Black, Beige leather interior, Dark Poplar Wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6233 bluetooth + cradle, extended lights package, rear power sunshade, NEW I-DRIVE with HDD + 2USB Slots +AUX Jack, steptronic, DSC, Smokers package, business radio Mods:BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat The cars were manufactured in Egypt! :)

Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire' post='762716' date='Jan 8 2009, 06:39 PM
Nope, the drivers mirror doesn't tilt down as you reverse. Only the passengers one.

Marc

precisely
Old 01-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire' post='762716' date='Jan 8 2009, 04:39 PM

Marc
i should have put it like that rather my extended explanation
Old 01-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TitanG545' post='762709' date='Jan 8 2009, 11:33 AM
With that little bit of driving you should pay attention to the posts about battery failure.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on the position of the mirror adjustment selector switch. If the drivers side is selected, the the passenger mirror tilts down when reverse is selected, if the passenge side is selected the mirror doesn't tilt down when reverse is selected (or the other way around - can't remember off the top of my head)