E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Foggy/Dirty/Unpleasant to look at Headlights.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 E61 530d M-Sport.

Originally Posted by star_man' post='673402' date='Sep 19 2008, 08:18 PM
My lights misted up a bit on the inside when I got the car, but now it seems to have gone away. But it has left a sort of noticeable water mark up the inside, about 3/4 way from bottom to top. It looks dirty but it's on the inside.

I took the car to the dealership who said that misting is normal, and as long as it clears in within 15 minutes of switching on the lights then they won't replace them under warranty. My car isn't quite 2 years old yet, so there is still some warranty left on it.

I wouldn't mind the misting bit so much, but the scum on the inside does annoy me a bit. Should I take it back and insist on a replacement, or what can I do?

Thanks
They said that to me but when i showed them pics, pointed out that doesnt happen on my friends E60 and that there is a fault or they would all do it and hella wouldnt have designed a headlight with acceptable misting they decided to replace them. The decider was the pics as they forward them to BMW to get approval for headlight changes under warranty. At the end of the day my car doesnt do it now so there must have been a fault.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Dandle' post='673455' date='Sep 19 2008, 09:10 PM
They said that to me but when i showed them pics, pointed out that doesnt happen on my friends E60 and that there is a fault or they would all do it and hella wouldnt have designed a headlight with acceptable misting they decided to replace them. The decider was the pics as they forward them to BMW to get approval for headlight changes under warranty. At the end of the day my car doesnt do it now so there must have been a fault.
There haven't been misting up at all really except for the first couple of days I got the car, but I know the car was sitting for a few weeks before I bought it. The scum inside the lights is what bugs me most. My last car, even at 5 years old, never showed any signs of mist or staining inside the lens, and it was a FORD

I'll get some pictures of the scum and maybe misting if I can, and push BMW for replacements under warranty. If you got it done, then it must be possible, and I don't like being fobbed off by companies.

Thanks
Adam
Old 09-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Hey thanks for the quick response everyone! I will see if the kit from bavauto works. It seems to be on the inside, but it's worth a shot for 30 bucks, better than replacing them for a WHOLE lot more!

I'll chime in again to report the results.

Thanks!

-Krozi