E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flashlight cloth nappa leather

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

whats your views on this trim........... thinking of changing to newer model
Old 06-18-2006, 01:27 AM
Members

My Ride: e39 525i Touring, will order e61 as soon as I can decide on engine and options...

Have a look over in the e61 forum, I recently asked the same question there. Everybody said "go leather" but I don't completely agree.

I ordered my car with full leather but had second thoughts, went to the dealer to have a look on the flashlight/walknappa combo.

Actually liked it a lot, it's sporty, discreet and carries a heritage from the first M1 car, same kind of combination. Also very "grippy", you will not slide around in the seat.

I almost decided to change from leather to this combination and then we realised with the dealer that it was too late; the car was going in to production next week and the order was non-amendable.

Well, I will have to live with the leather. The largest PRO:s of the leather: easy to wipe off dirt, nice feeling, clean look. Flashligh: Sporty look and feel, dirt does not show up, M-sport tradition. The money you save can buy you some toys.

/M

Originally Posted by norham' post='299181' date='Jun 18 2006, 08:40 AM
Old 06-18-2006, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by norham' post='299181' date='Jun 18 2006, 07:40 AM
I have the combination and I really like it. I prefer it to the full leather as you are gripped in the seat more and you dont sweat like a pig as you do with the full leather combo. It is attractive and goes well with a black interior. Its standard trim with cars with the M Sport option in Ireland