E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The first scar

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think she'll set fire to the computer, the car and the marriage certificate.

Apart from that it's a good idea
Old 08-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I am so anal about my car that my wife currently doesn't dare to drive it.. She is so scared she's gonna damage it so now I'm gonna drive around a few times with her so she can get used to it.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Aug 23 2004, 03:23 PM
Do you have run flats? I believe the run flats have saved me some curb rash.
I do have the Dunlops with the rubber rim, but it didn't do the trick.

For any of you ever travelling on Eurotunnel; it happened while driving up to the upper deck. The beginning of the kerb is impossible to see and are solid steel.
Be careful, or just say you prefer the lower deck..

Thanks ISUK for the info btw, very helpful.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Senior Members

bad luck FF, just one of them things. in a weird kind of way with my cars I feel it sort of puts me at ease with a car once its had its first scrape and then been repaired, kind of like some kind of automotive coming of age

will be interesting to see if the experience makes your better half even more careful with the X3....

c'mon you just knooooowwww that in a few months when this is all forgotten you'll be picking up the keys to the X3 of the kitchen table and she'll look at you and genuinely say "be careful with my wheels" women eh ?
Old 08-23-2004, 12:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I believe my runflats saved me too last weekend.. I was turning into a parking garage and hit the curb (slowly) because I couldn't see it. It was in a blind spot.. I said to my wife that this would be my first damage to the car.. When I went out to check the rim it had nothing!! I was so surprised and felt very lucky.. With my old car it would have been another repairbill for a rim.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Members

For any of you ever travelling on Eurotunnel; it happened while driving up to the upper deck. The beginning of the kerb is impossible to see and are solid steel.
Be careful, or just say you prefer the lower deck..
I was on the Eurotunnel for the first time recently and they were only using single deck carriages at the time - outbound trip was late at night and return was early on a Sunday morning. Even on the lower deck, the gap between the tyres and the kerb seems quite narrow when looking in the the mirrors, although I suspect it is physically much larger than it looks from within the car - I was too tired to get out and look after the long drive so I just slept during the crossings.

The Eurotunnel was very impressive, I've never seen a train so long, let alone, driven inside one .
Old 08-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Contributors

You should post some pictures.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Senior Members

Post some before and after pictures.