E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

First Picture Ever Since Joined E60 for 3 years

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Car looks great Future - now just need more pics (especially now that the mod bug has hit you )
Old 09-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No more pictures, I just got hit and run, my car is not so great looking right now of course. This is my first graduation present and so it's a memory for me. My next dream car would be an R8 convertible if I can make it happen! But anyway Thanks guys for the comment. Appreciate your time writing it down.

ABOUT AE:

The Angel Eyes...I got it from John brabus..he's on this forums...he is a great guy but u need to ask him deeper questions if u do not know anything about your light cuz u might damage it..I broke my front fender while install the HID Fog-Light...the DYI is not enough i tell you =)...Is not bright during day-time..it only bright when it get to Dawn ~5pm when sun is down. =)

the Pre-LCI Halogen AE is very complicated to install if u do NOT know anything about light..it's not a plug and play..it required resistor and such..and a damn small hand! took me 6 hours to install it by myself, I will not install these kind of DYI again...
Old 09-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Contributors

Thanks
Old 09-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by futurerx06' post='1009186' date='Sep 16 2009, 12:15 PM
No more pictures, I just got hit and run, my car is not so great looking right now of course. This is my first graduation present and so it's a memory for me. My next dream car would be an R8 convertible if I can make it happen! But anyway Thanks guys for the comment. Appreciate your time writing it down.

ABOUT AE:

The Angel Eyes...I got it from John brabus..he's on this forums...he is a great guy but u need to ask him deeper questions if u do not know anything about your light cuz u might damage it..I broke my front fender while install the HID Fog-Light...the DYI is not enough i tell you =)...Is not bright during day-time..it only bright when it get to Dawn ~5pm when sun is down. =)

the Pre-LCI Halogen AE is very complicated to install if u do NOT know anything about light..it's not a plug and play..it required resistor and such..and a damn small hand! took me 6 hours to install it by myself, I will not install these kind of DYI again...

how can you break front fender while install the hid fog??/ fender is aluminum.... and you are no near fender when you installing fog lights...

DIY for fog that john or other member created is very simple... should take about 20 minute each side to install.. just take 3 screws each side on the wheel wall and pull it back and just take old bulb out and put hid on

also AE, if you take headlight by taking 9 screws it takes very little time to install them.

if someone wants to do AE upgrade and HID fog upgrade, i recommend people to change their headlight bulb(but not necessary) to install everything at once...

If you take headlight out on the passenger side, you can easily install HID fog because it is right there to install, however on driver side because of windshield washer fluid tank is there, you have to go through wheel wall..

Dont be afraid to install them. Shouldnt take long at all to install them... about to install one of forum members HID headlight and fog tomorrow and hoping it will take roughly 1.5 hr i hope...
Old 09-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by monsterj34' post='1009783' date='Sep 17 2009, 12:33 AM
how can you break front fender while install the hid fog??/ fender is aluminum.... and you are no near fender when you installing fog lights...

DIY for fog that john or other member created is very simple... should take about 20 minute each side to install.. just take 3 screws each side on the wheel wall and pull it back and just take old bulb out and put hid on

also AE, if you take headlight by taking 9 screws it takes very little time to install them.

if someone wants to do AE upgrade and HID fog upgrade, i recommend people to change their headlight bulb(but not necessary) to install everything at once...

If you take headlight out on the passenger side, you can easily install HID fog because it is right there to install, however on driver side because of windshield washer fluid tank is there, you have to go through wheel wall..

Dont be afraid to install them. Shouldnt take long at all to install them... about to install one of forum members HID headlight and fog tomorrow and hoping it will take roughly 1.5 hr i hope...
i meant plastic cover next to the fender on driver side!..my bad...i didnt know how to pull it down so i pulled down very hard and it broke so i had to cut it now....Driver Side was the hardest guy! pull down hard but do not pull hard...lol just take it easy and dont be like me! and honestly...AE with resistor is hard to install...just hooking up the resistors and figure out where to place...it's giving me a hard-time cuz no one on this forums ever did it with pre-halogen headlight..and john pictures were not enough cuz it didnt tell you where to place it..u have to use ur imagination!..ur hands have to be very good at it...and knows A LOT ABOUT LIGHTING...