E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E60 Climate Controls

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 02:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep seeing a lot of Pictures of the new E60 5's with the Driver and Passanger Temperature control with the temperature degree numbers writen around the dail like some older BMW's and the current Z4. My real question is are we gonna have to guess what temp degree number we are going to be selecting??? or will it come up digital on the iDrive screen as soon as we turn the temperature dials???

My current E39 525i has the climate temperatures easily readable in the digital screen and I would think just having to guess what real temperature we are selecting in the new E60 is a big step backwards???

Does anyone have any information about this???
Old 08-26-2003, 02:00 PM
Members

No, You don?t need to guess the temperature. There is a illuminated marking on the dial that points at the temperature selected.
personally I think digital displays like the one in the E39 looks dated. Changing temperature a few degrees up and down is much easier also with turn knobs instead of up and down buttons.
The I-drive screen or more correctly as BMW refers to it in the owners manual CIS (central information display) does not show exact temperature in degrees under the Climate menu.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:33 PM
Members

Well I know there is an illuminated dial that shows to the temp number, but there are like only 5 temp to choose from. I also know you can chose in between the writen temp numbers but that wouldn't be as accurate because you kinda have to guess which real temp degree your choosing. and at a quick glace I would think you need to think about it more then just seeing a digital display. The 7 series has it come up digitally in the iDrive Screen why cheapen it out and go back to the style the E34 had. this to me could be fixed very easily by BMW. anyone else have any thoughts on this??
Old 08-27-2003, 01:46 PM
Members

The currently selected temp for both passenger and driver appears at the bottom of the idrive screen too.
Old 08-31-2003, 12:14 PM
Members

The currently selected temp for both passenger and driver appears at the bottom of the idrive screen too.
Not 100% true. The temp is only appears at the bottom of the screen if you have the 8.8 inch screen that comes with Prof NAV. The 6.5 inch screen does not display the temp at the bottom.

By the way the I-drive knob is nowdays called Controller and the I-drive-screen is now being refered to as the CIS Central Information Screen. It seems BMW is moving away from the I-drive name. Maybe to much bad has been written about the I-drive in the 7-series.
Old 08-31-2003, 03:02 PM
Members

A picture tells more than thousand words....
Old 08-31-2003, 06:59 PM
Members

Ok well if the temperature does not come out in the CIS for the USA models, doesn't anyone think this is a bad idea since in the USA we have more Temp numers to select from. temperatures range from 60 degrees thru 85 degrees. in europe it makes sence since they go in celius degrees so each small twist is the next degree. in the USA models for example if we have to think that between 72 degrees then theres a little line and then comes 76 degrees we all have to pay attention to the nob instead of the road. DOES anyone at all think this is a step backwards?!?! Please BMW fix this ASAP!
Old 09-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Deborah

Thumbs up

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Times][SIZE=14][COLOR=purple][B]Is the key for the new 5 the same as the new 7? The 7's key looks like a little box. You can't even see the actual key. Just curious
Old 09-01-2003, 12:28 PM
Deborah

Thumbs up

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Times][SIZE=14][COLOR=purple][B]Is the key for the new 5 the same as the new 7? The 7's key looks like a little box. You can't even see the actual key. Just curious
Old 09-01-2003, 12:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Deborah' date='Sep 1 2003, 02:28 PM
No, it is not like the 7. The E60 key looks like the ones in other BMW:s...

Quick Reply: E60 Climate Controls