E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

First Month and 5400 miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 05:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530d Sport, Mystic Blue, Dakota leather,Professional Navigation,BMW Assist, Blue Tooth Prep +telematics, 6 Disc Changer, ML/Alloy 8jx18", Graduated Tint windscreen, Auto-Dim Int + folding Mirrors, Comfort Seats - Electric, Through Load system inc Ski Bag, Bi Xenon Headlights plus washer system, Automatic Air Conditioning-Advanced, HiFi Speaker System, Fitted Floor Mats, clear bra

The car is fantastic and has now been nicknamed ?batmobile? by some friends. I must agree with the M-kit and side profile I can see the resemblance. Note I have never had a BMW before so I am not a diehard fan.

Comfort seats really comfortable, most of my journeys are 300 mile plus. Manual gearbox sweet as a nut. Breaks really do stop over a short distance. Professional Sat Nav with TMC a must for dodging traffic jams.

Only two minor gripes, the interior surface and leather mark, get dirty very easily. Secondly for such a large car up front how can there be so little space for storage. I mean one wallet and a pair of sun glasses in the door bin and that?s it. Come on the doors are 2ft thick what gives.

As previously mentioned run flats with sport suspension don?t present me with a problem, though my wife says it makes her boobs bounce a little more that with here car an Audi allroad, but that has air suspension
Old 08-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by marksas2' date='Aug 5 2005, 08:03 AM
The car is fantastic and has now been nicknamed ?batmobile? by some friends.? I must agree with the M-kit and side profile I can see the resemblance.? Note I have never had a BMW before so I am not a diehard fan.

Comfort seats really comfortable, most of my journeys are 300 mile plus.? Manual gearbox sweet as a nut.? Breaks really do stop over a short distance.? Professional Sat Nav with TMC a must for dodging traffic jams.

Only two minor gripes, the interior surface and leather mark, get dirty very easily.? Secondly for such a large car up front how can there be so little space for storage.? I mean one wallet and a pair of sun glasses in the door bin and that?s it.? Come on the doors are 2ft thick what gives.

As previously mentioned run flats with sport suspension don?t present me with a problem, though my wife says it makes her boobs bounce a little more that with here car an Audi allroad, but that has air suspension
[snapback]156324[/snapback]
You have told us a lot of great things you like about your car. How about telling us the model and where you are from.(give us a sig.)
cheers
vern
Old 08-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

100% agree with there being not enough storage space. the phone cradle is a waste of space and should be optional...or at least easily removable. the door pockets should be of better quality, and there should be a coin holder of some sort. my biggest gripe though is the center storage area in the dash...i put my cigs or lighter or even a cd case in there...anything really...and then if i floor the gas at a stoplight, EVERYTHING flies out all over the place.
minor quibbles are the car should remember if you like your foglights on and a/c off (and vice-versa) every time you start/stop the car.

BUT if those are my only complaints...and they are...this is still ONE HECK OF A CAR!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Agree with the coin holder. Where the heck do I put my change? Also agree with the phone holder. I don't need it. The whole point of bluetooth IMO is that your phone doesn't have to be plugged into a cradle.

5400 miles in ONE MONTH??? Hope you aren't leasing
Old 08-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' date='Aug 6 2005, 09:18 AM
Agree with the coin holder. Where the heck do I put my change? Also agree with the phone holder. I don't need it. The whole point of bluetooth IMO is that your phone doesn't have to be plugged into a cradle.

5400 miles in ONE MONTH??? Hope you aren't leasing?
[snapback]156532[/snapback]
I store my change in the ashtray. I do smoke but not in my car.