E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Finally posting about my new car (LCI 525d M-Sport)!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Finally after all delays I'm able to post about me picking up my LCI BMW E60 525d M-Sport.
Firstable I have to say that I'm very fortunate to own this vehicle at an age of 21. It's my very first car, and I guess it's needless to say how satisfied I'm with it.

I'm serving in KFOR Kosovo, so I bought my car tax-free (which basically means half the finnish vehicle price when we are talking about new cars). We also managed to get good discounts (UN -15% + then some). Do I have to mention that I had to spent all my money I'm making here in a year and then some? So I'm poor as ever but I'm cool with that fact.

Secondly, I would like to thank all board members who have contributed to this board: this board has so much information about E60 that you can find almost anything about E60s you need to know. All this information helped me to pick my options and color choices etc. which came out perfect!
I spent a lot of time pondering between different options, and now that I have the car, I wouldn't have gone any other way with my choices. M-Sport package was an option I added in final minutes before car went to production, and I doubted if the suspension would be too firm for me (rock hard) etc. that I wouldn't like it. But the suspension is definitely one of the parts I like most in my car! Half leather sport seats are also nice I think, also almost all other parts like console are leather.

Here is the spec:

-M-Sport package
-Jet Black with black interior
-Bamboo anthracite wood trim
-Xenon lights
-Cruise control
-Hifi-package

Already tinted the windows in Macedonia, and I also have M-Sport mudflaps (haven't installed yet). Next mod will probably be trunk finisher and 19" black wheels (or M167's) if I win in lottery or something (you are free to donate me some). Also I'm quite tempted to chiptune the car, but we will see.

I picked the car 26th April from a finnish BMW dealership. It was one of the first LCIs to arrive in Finland (arrived to the store in Mar 17th). It was a great day: my friend from same platoon picked up his E92 325xi Coupe at the same time (cars were sitting next to each other in the store). We were all smile of course.. The wait had been long for sure: about half a year.

Like other LCI M-Sports in Europe, my car didn't come with High Gloss Shadowline trim or M-Sport gearknob, either (dealer didn't know car was lacking these, why BMW Germany didn't inform about these? ). Dealer agreed that they will install window trims later on, but they said M-Sport gearknob is not a part of M-Sport package in Finland. I think it would be only fair for dealer to get the gearknob also, like UK member Palmo's dealer did.

Early May I drove the car (with the old man) to Skopje, Macedonia where our car park is. Route was: Finland->Sweden->Denmark->Germany->Czech->Slovakia->Hungary->Serbia->Macedonia. Had zero problems during the trip. The trip itself was a blast (spent few nights in Budapest), had fun especially in Germany's autobahns! Almost instantly after we crossed the Denmark/Germany border, I saw two red Ferrari 360s in my rearview mirror (had to change to the right lane). And of course in Germany I had to test the limiter.
The car just feels great in every way, and I'm not used to this kind of handling in cars.. In autobahn I actually hit some slight corners over 200km/h, dad and I were thinking that this machine is some completely different animal hehe. Also had much fun in Serbia driving those little, curvy mountain roads. So besides performance, consumption is also very good, as is inside noise, so it's quite easy to do these long roadtrips.. It was so effortless to drive over 1000km per day. Total lenght of the trip was about 3600km.

I'm looking up for my vacation in Bulgaria in August, when I can finally wash my car properly and Rejex it.
Sorry about these pictures, some were taken with a cell.

Picking up the car + removing runflats immediately (I had buyer for these), and installing new Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3's. Didn't lose a dime in this switch, and the tires are great.

E60 & E92 right after the pick up.

Drove a 180km trip in Finland and iDrive showed 4.9L consumption with 88.7km/h avg speed.

Crossing the StoreBelt bridge between Sweden and Denmark.

At gas station in Praha.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Members

Beamer, Budapest & happy owner.

A day-off in Skopje.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Nice story tume,

Congrats, a really nice looking E60 you got there

Loved the pics!

Send in some more when you got the time.

Keep cool!

PS. Forget the mudflaps!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='442672' date='Jul 2 2007, 02:04 PM
Nice story tume,
+1. congrats man and enjoy
Old 07-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Enjoy your new car. It looks great!
Old 07-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 535i

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='442795' date='Jul 2 2007, 09:00 PM
Enjoy your new car. It looks great!

looks gorgeous....i personally like those rims better than the 550i sport in the U.S.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Awesome looking car, congrats....
Old 07-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Beautiful car! I too like your wheels better than the 172 wheels that come with the 550 sport package in the US which are too shiny.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Senior Members

First car! Damn mine was a Honda Civic. Your very fortunate , and made a wise choice. I need that steering wheel you have. Did you get it from the Dealer or from someone here?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice pics. Good choice of interior trim. Luckily you found someone to take your runflats. I wish I had been able to get rid of mine at dellivery.

Quick Reply: Finally posting about my new car (LCI 525d M-Sport)!