E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Finally, No more seat belt sound reminder!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by mh17m3
the seatbelt warning is the most annoying thing in the e60...wtf were they thinking? 1 minute of awful sound for your ears..i know its the law - but wearing seatbelts pisses me off - it always gets so tight around my stomach and I always have to stretch it out - but it still becomes tight. and no I'm not fat
You need to retrofit into a 5 point harness.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

I'd wear my seatbelt everytime but when I am only trying to move the car half a block and park it, GONG GONG GONG!!! Geez I know I dont my have seatbelt on.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Senior Members

I actually feel very uncomfortable and very insecure if I don't wear the seatbelt. And I consider myself a good driver

Anyway does anybody have a full list of programmable options which are configurable at the dealer?
Old 10-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I've considered deactivating mine, but every time someone particularly stubborn gets into my car and doesn't want to wear a seatbelt, the sound gets the job done, so I decided to leave it.
You are right, it does the job done when a passenger won't wear the belt. I wish I could activate the sound for the rear seat belts, after all, who needs a 200 lbs. human projectile trying to go through my skull, if we're in an accident?
Old 10-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 530iSport PackageLuxury Packagemore to come

I won't out my car in gear unless everybody in the car has their seat belt on. Anybody that rides with me in now trained to do it. Yea, at first I got some 'WTF are you waiting on' looks but they learned.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

My wife and I were in a major high speed accident. Without the belts we would have been flung around the car as we spun across two traffic lanes three times. The seat belts pulled us back into our seats and we were totally unhurt. SEAT BELTS work. They could one day save you or the life of your passengers. Enough lecture.
BTW, I never hear the chime because I put the belt on BEFORE I start the car.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

lol seatbelt chime. everyone in my car always asks " is that noise gonna stop" lol yeah give it a few seconds.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DD_545i
That's really really cool. Do you happen to know how to disable the airbags too? I hate those things, so fu$#ing annoying. Don't get me started on that crumple zone too, I want to rip that sucker out.
Very good response! I get it!!

These guys want to toss out millions of dollars (and lives) in safety engineering to get back to the "safe" days of the 50's.
Think about what we have now just to keep you alive to buy another car.
Like: your fav. airbags all over the place,crumple zones,seat belts with explosive tightening,and also dual zone brakes,flexible steering column,rollover protection, side door strengthening, engine mounts that allow the engine to go under the car instead of in your face,stronger glass,ABS,and so many others.

Ask any race car driver to leave behind his safety equipment,and see how far you get. He doesnt need a reminder noise.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Contributors

no seatbelts are for fucking retards. Bunch of guidos and guido wannabees. I hope you die in a car wreck today. Yeah I know I am a horrible person for saying that. I have accepted the fact that I am an asshole. have you accepted the fact that you are a complete retard?

If you dont wear a seatbelt you are selfish peice of shit. because when you are dead it is your family and friends that suffer. Stupid ass fucking morons.

I swear to god the average IQ on this forum is dropping faster then the prices of E60s. These cars are the Acura TLs of 2010.

And if you are one of those "seatbelts are unsafe" people, then you are the grand high wizard of the supreme retard club.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport 6 speed Manual

well said!!!

same kind of moron that says its more dangerous to wear a helmet whilst on a motorcycle. i say to them: there is a very simple experiment that you can conduct yourself at home......put on your helmet (assuming you have one) go out to the pavement and bash your head on it, then take off your helmet and do the same again.....and then you'll know fersure which one hurts the most.

i guess you could do the same experiment by throwing yourself at a glass windshield at 70 mph with and without the belt on.

Originally Posted by craigm1841
no seatbelts are for fucking retards. Bunch of guidos and guido wannabees. I hope you die in a car wreck today. Yeah I know I am a horrible person for saying that. I have accepted the fact that I am an asshole. have you accepted the fact that you are a complete retard?

If you dont wear a seatbelt you are selfish peice of shit. because when you are dead it is your family and friends that suffer. Stupid ass fucking morons.

I swear to god the average IQ on this forum is dropping faster then the prices of E60s. These cars are the Acura TLs of 2010.

And if you are one of those "seatbelts are unsafe" people, then you are the grand high wizard of the supreme retard club.

Quick Reply: Finally, No more seat belt sound reminder!