E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally, I have my 535d

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by JBOO' date='Dec 23 2004, 07:46 AM
After a long, frustrating wait (5 weeks just to register it) I was finally able to bring her home last night.

Wow!? What a car!

Wow!? What an engine!

My only complaint right now is that the car came without cupholders.

I just noticed after I got home so I haven't approached the dealer yet, but

what should I do?

Obviously, I won't refuse the car, but should I try and have them retro-fitted?

Or do I just live without them??

Are there any good aftemarket ones I could add-on?

Any thoughts?

BTW, I'll post pictures later.? I had planned to take a few shots prior to departing the comfort of the dealership.? Instead, I forgot my camera and had to drive right out into some nasty weather.?
[snapback]71732[/snapback]
Cup-holders? I assume you are talking about the holders in the dash itself ? Didn't even know you could order the car without them. I would have. Although I never use them, they are my pet hate because they are CHEAP plastic and CHEAP design and run the quality of the dashboard.

Can I retro un-fit them and you can have mine.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Titanium Silver, Black Nasca Leather, Servotronic Steering, , De-Chrome, Bi-Xenons including Headlight Washer Jets, adaptive headlights, Advanced A/C, Auto Dim Interior & Exterior Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Sliding Armrest, extended lights package

JBOO
what about the wait i have for my 535d ordered 3rd Sept 2004 will not have her on the road until Sat week 1/1/2005
Old 12-23-2004, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by mhoutman' date='Dec 23 2004, 04:26 AM
JBOO,

My sincere congratulations ; you have bought yourself a great car. (but as Mini Drivers we no how to appreciate sheer driving pleasure?

Keep me posted and be happy !
[snapback]71751[/snapback]

Huh, another Dutch 535 driver and Mini as well?

You must be kidding, look in my gallery.....
Old 12-23-2004, 02:13 AM

Oops,
Congratulations!

The Dutch "mini" meeting is comping up i guess. (blink Andy5454)
Old 12-23-2004, 02:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Oops again......
We tend to forget how to log in.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=module..._album&album=96
Old 12-23-2004, 02:57 AM
Senior Members

Hello Michiel-Good to hear from you again. Hope all is well.

To the-man-himself-- that is a long wait. I ordered mine in Jul/Aug timeframe with an October delivery. It arrived the middle of November, but I had to wait 5 weeks to actually pick up the car. The last few days were the worst.

garehaan-I no longer have my mini, but it will always have a special place in my heart.
You can see actually it hereMy Mini Cooper S
No kidding, this was my car. Nice color choice BTW

I do prefer the look of the dash without cupholders, but having 2 small children on board, we tend to carry drinks a lot when were driving.

Not sure if I really want to try and have it rero-fitted for fear of them screwing something up. However, I do want something in return if I choose not to. Especially after the frustrations that were caused by the delays (see above) that were all contributed to incorrect infomation given to me by the dealer.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:59 AM
Senior Members

congrats, jboo ! can't wait to see the pics . no matter you need the cupholders or not, you've ordered them. if you rarely use them, ask them to give you the credit plus some goodies. but if you use them all the time, have them retrofit them. they have to .
Old 12-23-2004, 07:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

Originally Posted by Garehaan' date='Dec 23 2004, 12:13 PM
Oops,
Congratulations!

The Dutch "mini" meeting is comping up i guess. (blink? Andy5454)
[snapback]71761[/snapback]
may I join too ?

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/inde...allery=mhoutman

cheers,
M.