E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Finally Here

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 01:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh one more thing!
Adaptive headlights are WAY cool! It feels like the lights are 'leading' you... kinda like 'Front light drive'! =)
Old 09-27-2004, 01:37 AM
Senior Members

Wslam,

Do you have AS? I think Active Steering is really nice in Hong Kong... It makes the car feels like very small when driving it around the city
Old 09-27-2004, 02:24 AM
Members

Yap! Have Active Steering. and yes, the car is very agile. I drive a lot of 'mountain' roads everyday, and this makes every trip a joy now! There are 120 turns (yes i counted) between my place and my gf's place in a 12 min drive! =)
Old 09-27-2004, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

wslam,
I found L7 the best stock sound system you can get in a car, and you are the first one I hear who's complaining about it!
Idrive screen... annoying indeed. I just keep it on, since I find this solution less annoying...
You can change CD's with voice command very easy and even select tracks.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Senior Members

You are complaining about the L7 probarbly due to its "stock" stereo, sometime people tends to get disappointment w/ something because he wants to change it, so, it's more an excuse for a stereo upgrade?

Btw, do you know anywhere in Hong Kong knows how to work on the e60 stereo? I don't have the L7 and really wants to get some aftermarket stuff.....
Old 09-27-2004, 08:53 AM
Members

Hi Iceman and qf366

good try, but really, it's not because i have an upgrade bug (re: audio). back in college days, i really 'mess' with car audio in my 'lowly' honda accord, and i was SO fed up with it. i just have to admit (no one has to agree), but car is simply not an appropriate place for a hifi setup.

like i said before, i really consider myself an 'audiophile' by most standards. here is a shot of my home stereo. i think this may give you an idea why i am not happy with L7.

http://photos.lam.ws/albums/WSLam/ws.../hifisetup.jpg

and qf366, no i dont know anyone who would know how to work on the e60's stereo. i never mod anything. i like things 'stock'. just get the best! =)
Old 09-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unbelievable, Mr. Lam, your home HIFI setup. I like it very much.
I do agree with you that audio set up at home would be best because the sound would not be distorted by road/tire/wind noise like car.

However, if you listen to L7 while the car is park in a quiet garage, you'll be blasted. I really admire that you own 545i in HK. Can you tell us how much was it if you don't mind? It have got to be more than 150KUSD?
Old 09-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by wslam' date='Sep 27 2004, 06:53 PM
like i said before, i really consider myself an 'audiophile' by most standards. here is a shot of my home stereo. i think this may give you an idea why i am not happy with L7.
[snapback]38573[/snapback]

OK, now I understand.
If I would have a setup like yours in my home, I would be upset about the L7 too...
Old 09-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Members

Dear my 530i,
I DID try to listen to the L7 in a very quiet environment. it's not about the 'noise' that bothers me, but that the music sound very very 'dry'...that was the major cause of my dissatisfaction. But I agree, the L7 is listenable. I could never listen to anything on my old 540 with the stock audio equip. i just listened to radio. at least, i now dare to play CDs! =)
The photo is actually not updated. don't ever catch the hifi bug it is deadly. a 'cable' can be the downpayment for a car! =P
btw 545i in HK is about 850k HKD (i forgot the exact amount, fully loaded (Dynamic Drive, Active Steering and L7, the rest are standard, even the comfort seat etc)
Old 09-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Nice setup you have at your home.. But I like your interior way more!!! I'm gonna steal it and put it in my new house Very, very class and thumbs up for the interior designer (or for you if it was your design).

Quick Reply: Finally Here