E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Finally got some ED pics up!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Its posted in the Euro & Performance Center Delivery.
Go here:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=module...album&album=491
Old 09-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Contributors

Sweet!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2002 325i - SOLD 2006 525i - PCD in August '05 1999 CVPI - My work car

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! How about details on the trip?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Contributors

your interior is so cute.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

WoW Congrats!

Did you request a test drive for the m5 ?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Is that Maranello in the pictures?
Old 09-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

What happened to your front bumper?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Sep 22 2005, 07:19 PM
WoW Congrats!?

Did you request a test drive for the m5 ??
[snapback]173840[/snapback]
No I believe that car was waiting to be delivered, and I was also under a few time constraints - didn't even get to do a tour of the BMW factories in Munich and Dingolfing, etc.

Originally Posted by drjochen' date='Sep 22 2005, 08:20 PM
Is that Maranello in the pictures?
[snapback]173859[/snapback]
Yes I spent half a day in Modena and Maranello. Eat at Ristorante Cavallino (where Enzo ate), bought souvenirs at the factory gift shop, visited the Ferrari Museum, and saw some F1 testing at the Fiorano circuit (couldn't tell if it was Michael or not!) The sound was just UNREAL - you start hearing it miles away as you approach the town. Sound waves are bouncing off the surrounding Tuscan hills and the cars are so close to the fences where people are spectating. You'll see an F1 car closer here than at any grand prix!

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' date='Sep 22 2005, 09:25 PM
What happened to your front bumper?
[snapback]173879[/snapback]
Looks like I scraped a curb, although I didn't feel anything while I was driving so I'm not sure. Could've been one of those narrow parking garages in Europe and me not used to active steering. Good thing is BMW provides great insurance with 0 deductible for ED. It was repaired when the car got shipped to the US.

Originally Posted by Vitacura' date='Sep 22 2005, 06:15 PM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing! How about details on the trip?
[snapback]173820[/snapback]
I picked up the car on 7/22. Spent 2 days in Munich doing mostly sightseeing and touristy stuff - Bavarian palaces, museums, Zugspitz mountain in the Alps, threw down a few liters at Hofbrauhaus pub, etc.

Didn't do much driving until leaving Munich to go down to Venice. I rented a Euro navigation disk from another forum, and the navigation system was soooo useful. The autobahn is just so safe and so smooth. Drivers there are soooo much better there than in the US. They're courteous and always stay on the right unless to pass. And they always let higher end cars pass them. But even when I was doing over 100mph, I felt like the slowest person there! I was getting passed by all sorts of cars - old VWs, French minivans, diesel hatchbacks, etc. Not to mention the 911 Turbos and 645ci's that were going AT LEAST 150.

Once you cross over into Italy, the driving experience completely changes though. You go through a few tunnels in the foothills of the Alps, emerge on the other side, and its all different - people start speeding up! And the road becomes so twisty and windy! At first I thought that would make sense cause we're passing through the mountains, but I look around and its just farms! Its like these Italians made these roads twisty just to have more fun! And they so much faster than the Germans! Crazy!

Made a short stop in Verona on the way to Venice. Venice was nice, but really touristy. Everything's overpriced and there aren't any locals, so no culture nor food.

After 2 days in Venice, hit the road again to go down to Florence but made a stop in Modena/Maranello. I didn't anticipate spending so much time in Maranello, cause I missed my appointment at the museum inside the Lamboghini Factory a few towns over in Sant'Agata Bolognese! :'(

Spent 4 days in Florence, food and shopping were great. Now Italy is the only country where you're allowed to drop off the car but there isn't a central place to do it, so they send a driver out to meet you and then drive the car back to Munich for transport back to the States. Not the ideal situation, but we really wanted to be in Italy. In true Italian fashion, the driver was 45min late (although he wasn't Italian ), but drop off went very smoothly. He noted the scratch on the bumper, I reported it to insurance, and it was taken care of. He drove the car back to Munich, and I enjoyed the rest of my trip without the car.

Its a great experience. I'm leasing the car and saved a ton of money off the purchase price. Along with the great lease numbers for the 545 a few months ago, it was a hell of a deal. The trip paid for itself and I will not get another new car without at least considering ED. I recommend it to everyone here for their next car!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

very nice! good choice in color!
Old 09-23-2005, 05:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

Thanks for write up...very informative!

Quick Reply: Finally got some ED pics up!