E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Finally brought her home today

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lee-
Beat the insurance over the head about it!! I've never had to pay more than a $100 deductible for windshields. They always quote you the comprehensive deductible when you first ask. Call your agent and grind him a little and tell him you understood that windshields had a lower deductible. Almost every time (especially with State farm, All State, Geiko, Farmers, etc). Try man! It's worth 4 bills!
It's usually either $50 or $100 for windshields as far as my experience goes. I've never paid more!

Also, for nearly every insurance - if the car is within 2 years old, they HAVE to give you OEM parts (even windshields) DO NOT LET THEM JERK YOU AROUND ON THAT ONE EITHER! And don't even feel badly or apologetic either! Remember that you're payin these schmoes!

-J
Old 07-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Senior Members

Car is georgous!!! How does the car ride?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by lee1224' post='451673' date='Jul 25 2007, 02:06 AM
hi all again,

First of all, to Rudy, you are absolutely right about me loving the sport tranny. Although my previous car had SMG which I did not appreciate...this transmission is truly awesome. The trip home from the dealer is about 80 miles through mountain canyons, so i really enjoyed the drive. Only sad thing about this trip...see photo below. About 20 miles before reaching my home, there have been high way repaving for a couple of weeks. Worst part, the entire 20 miles is all covered with loose gravel. I took every precaution not to get stone chips or rock chips. I made sure that there was no one in front me or behind me. I was driving only 35-40 mph. About 2 miles before reaching home town, a red mustang comes over the hill at a about 65mph going the opposite direction...way too fast. Half of his car was in my lane, as we got close he corrected...not before throwing up a stone that left a star crack on the upper drivers side. That really screwed my day. I took as much precaution to avoid this, even telling myself after i left the dealership to drive slow around the construction. Gonna take the car to a glass repair shop tomorrow to see what they can to repair it. I will share my experience with car as time progress. A real rotten ending to a great day... I guess its life...sometimes.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/lee...69/DSC00162.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/lee...69/DSC00148.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/lee...69/DSC00145.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/lee.../DSC00151-1.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/lee...69/DSC00174.jpg
Great Looking Car !! get that windshield fixed asap ! Then its all new again . Ive been through this before and a chipped window is almost worse than a door ding because you have to look at it everytime you drive your car.

Cheers
Old 07-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Congrats on the new car.

That must suck to get a star on the very first day and only 2 miles from the house.

Your car looks like it rides higher than one with a sport package? Is it the tires/rims or are the new sport packages ride higher than the older ones?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

OUCH!!! Just looking at it hurt. I'm sorry that happened to you but the same thing happened to me the following day after I took delivery . I had the dealer put the clear coat bra on because I was driving the car to Virginia to visit my wifes family. I took that precaution and I was happy I did. Somewhere in Deleware I went from paved road doing about 75 miles an hour to unpaved road. I tried to slow down and get to the right lane but the damn trucks flying by threw up the gravel . Needless to say I got hit several times and it ruined my drive to virginia, boy was I pissed. Once there I checked the car and had 2 chips on the damn hood of the car. Man talk about heated, I couldn't speak to anyone for about 2 hours. When I came back home I called the dealer and blamed them because the clear bra was too short in the front and should have been to the end of the head lights. If it was where it was suppose to be the pebbles would have bounced off. It was a fight but they touched up the chips and changed the clear coat to the size I wanted. I also got a concession out of it. I know how you felt, you probably wanted to turn and go after the son of a $%*@. The first incident is always the hardest one to swallow. Good luck and get your car fixed so you can enjoy it.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 525i E60 Steptronic 192HP

Congrat on the new car...And I'm trully sorry to hear about the windshiel...Thing is ...when I took mine from dealer in April same thing happend to me on the highway...First was a very vrey small hole and then after a day of staying in the sun and a cool night , I found it exactly like yours...with an one foot crack on it !!!

I think also the windshield was cracking too easily, don't you think? Anyway it took 3 hours and some Insurance paperworks to replace it... Now is new again

BTW Lee, is also the same colour...
Old 07-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Congrats lee and I'm sorry to hear about your windshield... totally sucks... good luck with everything though.

Originally Posted by thesasquatch' post='452245' date='Jul 26 2007, 10:15 AM
Lee-
Beat the insurance over the head about it!! I've never had to pay more than a $100 deductible for windshields. They always quote you the comprehensive deductible when you first ask. Call your agent and grind him a little and tell him you understood that windshields had a lower deductible. Almost every time (especially with State farm, All State, Geiko, Farmers, etc). Try man! It's worth 4 bills!
It's usually either $50 or $100 for windshields as far as my experience goes. I've never paid more!

Also, for nearly every insurance - if the car is within 2 years old, they HAVE to give you OEM parts (even windshields) DO NOT LET THEM JERK YOU AROUND ON THAT ONE EITHER! And don't even feel badly or apologetic either! Remember that you're payin these schmoes!

-J
Interesting... I had that happen on my MINI before... I actually had 3 windshields on that car... piss me off but my insurance company said it's the same deductible as anything else too... wouldnt budge lower than my $500 deductible... But they will pay for filling the windshield up to $50. woopie doo...

Well I hope I never need another windshield replaced due to a rock chip.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Senior Members

Congrats on the new car.
Take it easy on her.
I want the rims!!!
Hunt the mustang!!!
Anyway, where is NM? (New Mexico?)
Old 08-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport SAT 2012 535i Xdrive msport 2007 550i Sport w/SMG (gone) 2000 528i (gone) 1991 535i (gone)

Originally Posted by Yoko' post='452872' date='Jul 28 2007, 03:15 PM
Congrats on the new car.
Take it easy on her.
I want the rims!!!
Hunt the mustang!!!
Anyway, where is NM? (New Mexico?)

Damn Dealer!!!!!!

Brought my car to dealer for new glass Tuesday 7/31/07 only to be told that the glass was on back order. Not too happy now, asked service manager, couldn't they have called me to notify me that glass was not in. His response "oh. we just found out rioght now". Bullshi.........Was told that it should be here Wednesday, car should be ready for pick up saturday 8/4. Left car at dealer, didn't make sense to drive her back home since i have to drive almost 80 miles one way to dealer. Called dealer this afternoon (friday), guess what? Glass still not here. Shi....... that sucks i told service manager. Only had the car for a week, now its gonna sit at dealer for two weeks, that really sux. Now telling me that was released today from supplier, dealer should have by next wednesday. So i can expect car to be ready by weekend. It better be ready or his boss better starting apologizing. As i was reading one of the other post today, i notice that when you have the Ipod/usb option, a cable is included. When i picked up my car, service manager says that it did not include cable. Buy one at Best Buy for $25 he says. I talked to sales rep today and told him about cable, he says it should be included and will provide one. Those of you who did not get your cable, the dealer owe you one. The waiting game starts again for me to pick up my car. Never a dull moment in life.

Lee
Old 08-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by lee1224' post='455101' date='Aug 3 2007, 11:53 PM
Damn Dealer!!!!!!

Brought my car to dealer for new glass Tuesday 7/31/07 only to be told that the glass was on back order. Not too happy now, asked service manager, couldn't they have called me to notify me that glass was not in. His response "oh. we just found out rioght now". Bullshi.........Was told that it should be here Wednesday, car should be ready for pick up saturday 8/4. Left car at dealer, didn't make sense to drive her back home since i have to drive almost 80 miles one way to dealer. Called dealer this afternoon (friday), guess what? Glass still not here. Shi....... that sucks i told service manager. Only had the car for a week, now its gonna sit at dealer for two weeks, that really sux. Now telling me that was released today from supplier, dealer should have by next wednesday. So i can expect car to be ready by weekend. It better be ready or his boss better starting apologizing. As i was reading one of the other post today, i notice that when you have the Ipod/usb option, a cable is included. When i picked up my car, service manager says that it did not include cable. Buy one at Best Buy for $25 he says. I talked to sales rep today and told him about cable, he says it should be included and will provide one. Those of you who did not get your cable, the dealer owe you one. The waiting game starts again for me to pick up my car. Never a dull moment in life.

Lee
I've had my car to the dealer 4 times since purchasing in May. The first time, I brought it in for an alignment and a wheel balance, dropped it off and waited for the phone call to tell me it was done. Well, 5pm rolled around with no call, so I called them. The service guy says, "Oh, we haven't done anything to your car....the alignment machine has been broken for 2 days." I almost blew a gasket! Talk about "could've called me to tell me" or at least told me when I dropped it off. And on the 3 subsequent drop-offs, they've never once called me to tell me the car was done. I always have to call them an hour before they close. Some dealers just suck! Good luck with that glass of yours.